AnsweredAssumed Answered

No Display Driver to install?

Question asked by zaephyr on May 30, 2015
Latest reply on May 30, 2015 by doc_mortis

while im on windows 8.1, everytime i install a new AMD Driver (starting from 14.4), i get a BSOD on startup (THREAD_EXCEPTION.....atikmpag.sys)

i tried to make it boot up properly for literally 14 times in a row to no avail. ive even tried starting in safemode but i just got a black screen with a mouse only showing when i move the cursor. The only thing that worked was to restore my laptop to a previous time.ive already done 2 complete factory resets all leading to the same problem. So i stayed on Windows 8, not upgrading to 8.1 this time and tried to install the drivers,each one after 14.4, and it all worked! now im on 15.4 beta and its already been 2 weeks with no problem. but now there is the new 15.5 beta that just got released, and when i try to install it it doesnt show me the new display driver. it just says that my display driver is the newest installed. but i have only 14.502.1014.0000 installed, and the newest one is 14.502.1014.1001. so im asking why is this happening? do i really have to update to windows 8.1, but in the previous versions they were also stating to be for windows 8.1 but they worked on my windows 8

my specs are:
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 8670m

CPU: intel Core i5 3230 2.6 GhZ

RAM: 8GB

.Untitled.png

Outcomes