1 Reply Latest reply on May 29, 2015 2:48 PM by kingfish

Updating drivers?

fallen871

I have gigabyte r9 280x 2nd edition, i5 3570k.  I had some big problems about catalyst at first with my pc. For some reason I couldnt install it, then installed old drivers somehow, then deleted them, and for some reason system wouldnt want to install new catalyst if I remember right, lost most of the day with reinstalling windows few times and everything...so when I finally managed to get it working, I havent updated it for around a year now, since I didnt wanna go through all that trouble again.

I have my system backed up, by that windows back up, although its really taking a lot of space on my drive, and I  dont even know what is backed up there only OS or everything from my SSD on which windows, games and programs are, I did get it back once months ago, when something crashed on my pc. I dont even know is windows backing those files periodically or should I do it?

So in order to get those new drivers, and hopefully avoiding trouble of reinstalling most of my system, what is the proper way to do it? Do I need to manually remove catalyst and old drivers and then install new ones, or? I think I did that first time, and resolution went crazy and I had trouble with pc detecting my GPU after that for some reason.