12 Replies Latest reply on Jun 20, 2015 10:20 AM by dylan1006

games that are blocked

dylan1006

Hi, I bought a month ago an Acer e5-521-80ys because I had advised that I would have problems in playing and using graphics programs such as Photoshop, however I have a pc extra slow, some games are locked ... ..the notebook is equipped with a quad-core A8-6410 (up to 2.4 GHz), R5 Radeon Graphics, 4gb ddr3,500 hdd ..... many of you will say probably because it is a notebook you have these problems and you can not do many things, but I always had a notebook with AMD parts, of 2011, which was three times better than this new notebook.

• Re: games that are blocked
          hardcoregames™

those games are for apple phones, will not work with windows

dylan1006

no, I do not think so .... I do not understand why mention games for apple phones when it comes to notebooks.

kingfish

What do you mean "locked" ?

dylan1006

I mean that while playing the game freezes, does not give me even a chance to open the task manager, every time I press the start button, turning off the notebook to stop the all.

tekkiaussie

So basically this game is crashing while you are playing or when you are trying to quit. This might be related to a driver incompatibility and I would suggest you uninstall your current drivers and install the ones form the link below.

Again, please make sure you uninstall any other driver packages prior to installing the ones below.

If you are using Win 8.1 64 Bit then you can install the drivers from the following link:

http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/mobile?os=Windows%208.1%20-%2064

Warning:

Please be aware that your APU does not support a Win 8.1 32 bit operating system. If you are using a Win 8.1 32 bit system you will need to change to a 64 bit version.

dylan1006

I have installed since I bought the notebook own Omega (14.12), I have the 64-bit system ..... may be the fact that I read 3.21 gb 4 gb of ram to cause these problems?

tekkiaussie

From what I can tell of your system the R5 series card is the one within the A8 6410 and not a separate "discrete" graphics card. If that is correct then your GPU will be sectioning off part of the "total" system memory for graphics rendering. The amount of system memory "partitioned" for the graphics card should be able to be changed in the BIOS. You might want to check in there and try setting higher/lower amounts of memory to see if you can get this working.

I also read online that Rfactor requires more system memory if run from the Steam launcher. The official Rfactor site says that it needs up to 4GB of system memory "on Steam". Are you by chance running this through Steam?

rFactor 1 Features & System Requirements | rFactor

dylan1006

the fact is that the bios does not make me change anything, I also thought I change something there, but it does not do anything. Rfactor without the steam launch, in the old notebook I was perfectly ..... then we have to say that I go too slow youtube, for example I pause the video, and for a few seconds, the video moves without audio and then stops.

tekkiaussie

Please give more information about which "games" or programs are not working.

Also please explain what happens when you try and run them. (i.e. if you get any errors, if they just don't open, if they only run in the background but the window never appears, etc)

Also which graphics drivers have you installed on this system?

Are you using the graphics drivers directly from Acer? Or have you installed any other driver packages?

Are you using the original operating system which the computer came with?

Have you downloaded and installed any OS updates?