17 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 8:50 PM by traceman

Windows 10 Drivers Pack

jasimancas

We need a package of stable drivers for Windows 10, the Windows  Update drivers are " stable " , but I think it is not enough.

• Re: Windows 10 Drivers Pack
          black_zion

Windows 10 is a beta operating system. When it goes RTM, then the drivers will be stable.

2 of 4 people found this helpful
            onding

The WIn10 AMD driver are suffering from mem leak!

d00m_g4m3r

My windows 7 tell me to reserve for window 10 update soon, i hope AMD make a final and stable driver for win. 10 because RTM is very, very close.

devinator12

AMD needs to make a move real fast because Microsoft just sent a push notification to ALL Windows 7 users today.

To make things worse Nvidia is well ahead of the curb.

Best hurry AMD!

hacktun3d

You can install 15.5 over the W10 update. Don't use the one from the windows update center. Manually install the latest beta.

kingfish

That is not the best thing to do. Use the one that Micro$oft furnishes with  that version of Windows 10 PREVIEW.

AMD drivers for Win 10 & AMD cards supporting DX12

hacktun3d

I know it doesn't sound like the best thing, but people are having much more reliable and steady framerates using the AMD beta driver over the W10 update one. Take you 5 minutes to try it out and it won't hurt anything. Worst case you revert back.

devinator12

I agree. The Microsoft one is Very unreliable. The Windows 10 can easily back end the driver and i did it on the previous beta builds. Why the heck do you guys think the drivers are not compatible?

kingfish

Nobody here said they were not compatible. Microsoft said they may not function correctly...and people assume that means 'not compatible'. If your using AMD drivers on Win 10...how's that VSR thing working out for you? It's best to do what Microsoft AND AMD say....use the drivers furnished by Micro$oft for that particular version of the preview. When Windows 10 is released in it's final form, then AMD will have drivers for it.

d00m_g4m3r

I hope they have a driver till than. My win 10 reserved is ready to upgrade, if i`am not enable to do this because AMD drivers, i will go back to nvidia, for ever.

traceman

Multi-threaded command buffer recording and async shadersare two big features of the base DirectX® 12 specification, each harboring great potential to extract significantly more performance and image quality out of existing hardware.

But many gamers also know that game devs must commit to using a feature before it is seen in the real world—we’re taking care of that. Our collaboration with developers like Oxide/Stardock (and others unannounced) to get cool tech into great games is a guiding light for the AMD Gaming Evolved Program, and we’re already seeing healthy interest in these features. That bodes well for everyone!

Before we part ways, you might be interested to know which AMD products are compatible with DirectX® 12. Presuming you’ve installed Windows® 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 (or later) and obtained the latest driver from Windows Update, here’s the list of DirectX® 12-ready AMD components. We think you’ll agree that it’s an excitingly diverse set of products!

• AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics
                                        • AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics
                                        • AMD Radeon™ R5 240 graphics
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)
                                        • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-7000 Series APUs (codenamed “Kaveri”)
                                        • AMD A6/A8/A10 PRO-7000 Series APUs (codenamed “Kaveri”)
                                        • AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs (codenamed “Mullins”)
                                        • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8-6000 Series APUs (codenamed “Beema”)

*Originally posted by Robert Hallock in AMD Gaming on Apr 22, 2015 12:17:59 PM

jasimancas

Last drivers 15.200.1023.5 (windows update) work "fine", no more graphic bug in Start Menu, but drivers are not optimized to play in "optimal conditions".

I have Radeon R9 280x.

Driver name "AMD Radeon R9 200 / HD 7900 Series (Engineering Sample - WDDM v2.0)

alltheothernames

Yeah, latest release seems to be good.  I'm running xfired 290x's and haven't had very much trouble at all with WDDM v2.0 on preview 10130. - Besides the same old no 4k at 60hz thing.  But that's another story.

traceman

Multi-threaded command buffer recording and async shadersare two big features of the base DirectX® 12 specification, each harboring great potential to extract significantly more performance and image quality out of existing hardware.

But many gamers also know that game devs must commit to using a feature before it is seen in the real world—we’re taking care of that. Our collaboration with developers like Oxide/Stardock (and others unannounced) to get cool tech into great games is a guiding light for the AMD Gaming Evolved Program, and we’re already seeing healthy interest in these features. That bodes well for everyone!

Before we part ways, you might be interested to know which AMD products are compatible with DirectX® 12. Presuming you’ve installed Windows® 10 Technical Preview Build 10041 (or later) and obtained the latest driver from Windows Update, here’s the list of DirectX® 12-ready AMD components. We think you’ll agree that it’s an excitingly diverse set of products!

• AMD Radeon™ R9 Series graphics
                                        • AMD Radeon™ R7 Series graphics
                                        • AMD Radeon™ R5 240 graphics
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series graphics for notebooks
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series graphics (HD 7730 and up)
                                        • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)
                                        • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-7000 Series APUs (codenamed “Kaveri”)
                                        • AMD A6/A8/A10 PRO-7000 Series APUs (codenamed “Kaveri”)
                                        • AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs (codenamed “Mullins”)
                                        • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8-6000 Series APUs (codenamed “Beema”)

*Originally posted by Robert Hallock in AMD Gaming on Apr 22, 2015 12:17:59 PM