25 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2015 12:12 AM by darren486

OLD IS GOLD

darren486

Description

everything, but mainly for gaming, and surprisingly it can still run alot of games without issue

IMG_20150531_084425[1].jpg

Specifications

CPUFX8350
      CoolerCM Hyper 612S
      MotherboardAsus M5A99X Evo Rev2.0
      Memory2x4GB Kingston hyperX genesis
      GraphicsSapphire 7870XT
      Disc Drive 1Intel 330 120GB
      Disc Drive 2WD Black 1TB
      Disc Drive 3{drive3}
      PSUXFX 750watt
      CaseCM Cosmos II with custom side panel
      MonitorDell U2913WM
        • Re: OLD IS GOLD
          iwalkwithedead

Don't forget that pic sometime The build sounds nice.

darren486

Well, the rig is still in progress and it's in a mess now(it have been in that state for longer than i can remember), will post some up tonight, it's running, but the lighting and all is still not setup yet LOL

iwalkwithedead

darren486 wrote:

Well, the rig is still in progress and it's in a mess now(it have been in that state for longer than i can remember), will post some up tonight, it's running, but the lighting and all is still not setup yet LOL

I will still love it, I promise.

darren486

i'm late by a few days on my promise, but hey, at least i'm here LOL btw, the reason for me being late is that the PSU gone south after my post that day, so i have to go get a new 1, and the best of all, i've gotten the new PSU now, but i'm lazy to change it LOL

iwalkwithedead

darren486 wrote:

i'm late by a few days on my promise, but hey, at least i'm here LOL btw, the reason for me being late is that the PSU gone south after my post that day, so i have to go get a new 1, and the best of all, i've gotten the new PSU now, but i'm lazy to change it LOL

Yes! Excellent on the picture.

The colors hurt me but it's what you have so I love it as promised. Thank You for sharing. Liked!

darren486

ok, a tough question now, anybody who is good with hiding cables? my powersupply kaput, and i'm having a headache keeping all those cables, previously i just try to pull everything out of the open area and it's becoming a mess, any suggestions? since i have to redo the cabling for my powersupply, was thinking of doing it one shot

IMG_20150602_182635.jpg

figus

Not really different from mine, FX8320, 16Gb 1600 Patriot, 7870XT, still can run Witcher 3 in 1440p medium detail at 35 fps.... just waiting for the new R3xx or Fury...

as118

Same.  8350, 16gb Corsair low-profile, and an R9 270x (which is basically a newer 7870).  I only do 1080p gaming so I'm all good.  May grab a 280x or 290 on clearance when the R300's and Fury launch though.

I used to have 2 270x's in Crossfire, but a lot of games I played didn't support or were practically unplayable due to bugs in Crossfire / SLI (BOTH Crossfire and SLI, regardless of whether you were using AMD or Nvidia...) so I just took 1 270x out and threw it in my old HP downstairs, and made it into a budget gaming rig as well.  It only has an old FX-6120 with 8gb of generic ddr3 ram, but hey, it can run Dragon Age: Inquisition on high settings at 1080p with no problems (and hooked up to an Antec VP-450 to boot) so it's all good.

darren486

Hmmm, didn't know that there were so many bugs on crossfire, was thinking of getting another 7870 to try it out earlier today, as i just saw a 2nd hand unit selling for under 100dollars, what are the typical bugs you have? are you using multiple monitors?

as118

To be fair, MOST games worked fine on Crossfire, but off the top of my head, the text flickered rapidly in the Secret world, and it made the game unplayable (on DX11 at least, not on DX9) because I couldn't read anything.  Other games (which I can't think of right now) just didn't support Crossfire at all, so just used 1 card.  I only use a 24 inch 1080p monitor, so I didn't have the chance to test a multi-monitor setup.

If you can get another 7870 cheap, I'd say go for it if you're interested.  When you can get good crossfire scaling (which is most of the time), the performance is amazing and will beat most single cards, including the 290 and the old Titan and such.  And if you don't like Crossfire, you can always just sell the card again (or return it, if that's an option).

darren486

Thanks for the info, buy there are also other cost incurred, as the board i'm using right now, if i were to do crossfire, i will have to remove my soundcard else the GC will be directly blowing hot air into my soundcard merely centimeters away LOL, so the logical way is to get a new motherboard i think, or get an extender which is long enough, as i bought a 15cm extender which is not long enough for me currently(i have no other choice, it's the only length i can find)

darren486

i bought witcher 2 from steam sales last year, and guess what? i haven't even finished the tutorial yet.... LOL

gakagammy

Nice. Some good parts in there. That cooler looks really nice. The HD 7870 can still handle alot. Still got mine (for now), only upgraded because I found a super great deal on a R9 280X. But yeah, it's still a good card