3 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2015 10:31 AM by kingfish

Problems installing Driver for AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450

bxcodeme

I have a AMD/ATI Radeon HD 5450 and NO Manuals or Guides came when I purchased it (the shop where I buy it is now "Out-of-Business")... I installed it and it needs a driver... after downloaded the latest version of Catalyst...and when the "AMD Display Driver" installation process is executing now, it displays a note that installation of drivers will flicker/s and even go blank the screen (I know that this is normal.). After AMD Display Driver installation completed, NO FLICKERS OR EVEN BLANK SCREEN OCCURS... While the Catalyst installs all necessary features for my device... I launched the DirectX Diagnostic Tool (dxdiag) for inspection(s) and when I go to Display tab, I CAN'T SEE the Device Name, Device type etc...It only shows that there is a main driver in the top right corner of DXDTool is a DLL file extension... But the computer recognizes as a VGA.sys file.... When the Catalyst is installed completely, it prompts me that the computer needs to reboot...

After I reboot, the problems starts...

Every time I started Windows, I flickers many times and shows BSOD regarding on a the TDR Recovery and a driver file name "atikmpag.sys". Then Restart....

(I forgot the Stop Code...)

I tried many methods and softwares for this problem...NOTHING HAPPENS!!!

Uninstall and re-install very latest drivers - (performed but not worked)

Re-install Windows - (performed but not worked)

and so on..................

Help me from this problem. I'm very confused about this......... (I cannot back the graphics card where I buy it because of the shop is now unavailable / closed))... 14-102-882-TS.jpg