11 Replies Latest reply on Jun 22, 2017 9:32 AM by exomious

Dual Graphics in The Witcher 3

flymanos

Hi,

Have someone tried Dual Graphics configuration in The Witcher 3? I personally have 7850k + r7 250 and I wonder if it will fly without larger difficulties. I know that the drivers hasn't been released yet, but I simply want to know what's happening now.

If this thread would survive long enough I would greatly appreciate every opinion about Dual Graphics after release of the drivers.

Thank you all

• Re: Dual Graphics in The Witcher 3
          Cornugon

The common verdict about dual graphics is to just forget about it and get an R7 260X instead. You'll have a single card that way more powerful than any potential dual graphics setup.

But to anwer your question: as long as Crossfire isn't properly working Dual Graphics won't either...

athlona

The Witcher 3:-

Email from CD Projekt Red Support this response is totally useless to me why are these company’s not working together as there are only two real GPU manufactures out there on PC??? This is the main reason the PC gaming industry is in such a mess. AMD really need to chance their drivers as we believe as and when! To drivers even if it a BETA not every month but just before a AAA release comes out or to fix issues as they arise . And for Nvidia drivers only make the effort for the latest GPUs on the market Kepler runs worse now to poorly written drivers or is it on propose? 

I have just made the move from The GREEN Team a month ago from a Nvidia Titan due mainly from me purchasing a 40” 4K Display and it couldn’t drive this Resolution. So the only other Team is Team RED to a 295x2 much faster card from my Titan for sure but Drivers are so poor indeed.

All we ask for are Drivers from both AMD & Nvidia that work for the latest AAA games on release date and Crossfire & SLI work without issues that is in a NUT shell! Not hard as we all pay a lot for our GPUs

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-05-26 11:28] (*********************)

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-05-26 11:28] (*********************)

PC Support (pc_support@cdprojektred.com)

Add to contacts

10:22

[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]

To: (*********************)

pc_support@cdprojektred.com

Parts of this message have been blocked for your safety.

Show content|I trust pc_support@cdprojektred.com. Always show content.

Hello there,

we're still waiting for drivers from AMD since they didn't provide them yet. In contrary, nvidia released their drivers on the day of the release.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but the only solution for now is to play in HD and wait for the AMD drivers.

Kind regards,

Marcin Kulikowski

On 26 May 2015 at 11:28, en.cdprojektred.com <no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:

Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Platform: Windows

OS version: Windows 8 (64-bit)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Amount of RAM: 16318MB

Graphic card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Screen resolution: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver update-date: 4/10/2015 19:58:14, 1358192 bytes

Boxed or digital: digital

Vendor: GOG.com

Game code: (*********************)

User email: (*********************)

Problem description:

Hi, I am experiencing AMD Crossfire Issues with my 295x2 GPU when Crossfire is enabled I am getting treble screen flashing which make for a unplayable gaming experience. If I disable Crossfire the Flashing does go away but my system is running a 4K display and the drop in FPS is way too great. I am running the latest patch 1.04 which has improved performance but still not enough to run outside of crossfire. If this is a AMD GPU Driver still why didn’t you quality check The Witcher 3 running on either the 14.4 Dec 2014 or the latest 15.4 drivers so we AMD users could play the game using Crossfire as that would have been useful. I know the game is a Nvidia game but still should run on AMD hardware as well. So please can you confirm why crossfire doesn’t work thanks? Been waiting for the game for a long time… Mr (*********************)

--

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

en.cdprojektred.com/support

CD PROJEKT S.A.

ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warsaw, Poland

thewitcher.com | cyberpunk.net | cdprojektred.com

sal

Hello,

i have tested the game with latest 15.5 driver and A8-7650k + R7 240 with dual graphic. With the latest driver You can at last play TW3 with acceptable fps but micro shuttering is present. Some fickering too.

themilliondollarman

I have the same issues with AMD Catalyst 15.5 i have videocard "AMD R7 200 Series" and the fps increase but have stuttering i start the game "20 FPS > 1 FPS"  back 20 fps and again 1 fps etc.... fix pls

life_kife

I have crossfire 2x hd7870 and with catalyst 15.5 in the game "witcher 3" I have flickering with crossfire mode on. Disable Anti Aliasing in game not solve this problem. So with drivers 15.5 I can not to play in this game with crossfire mode on. Please help me.....

theonlydoor

Yes, neither beta 15.5 from amd or patch 1.05 from Project red have fix the dual gpu flashing problems. I try to ignore the flashing but its to immersion breaking to ignore.

exomious

Well as of the wonderful year of 2017 I can vouch for two 7870s running in crossfire can run The Witcher 3 very comfortably on a mixture of high and ultra settings at 1080p. I sit on about 40 to 60 fps most of the time and the cards don't get any hotter than 60 degrees.