darkestdata

Nvidia or not Nvidia that is the question.

Discussion created by darkestdata on May 26, 2015
Latest reply on May 28, 2015 by iwalkwithedead

This is to AMD and my fellow AMD users, I was/am a die hard Nvidia fan until recently. I started having issues with my old card, and it was real old, Geforce 550 TI. In my quest for a new video card I listened to a friend and decided to give AMD a chance. This was in anticipation of playing GTA V in very high or ultra mode. Now here are my system specs,  

Windows 8.1 64-bit,  AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 32nm, 12.0GB Single-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 990FXA-UD3, Acer X223W

3072MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series Sapphire, 931GB Seagate. Not the top high end but not bad.

Installed the game and all I get is stuttering, pausing, and crashing. Running the in game program I am lucky to get 30 fps. To make it even more annoying it will run from 12 fps to 28 fps, back down to 11 fps then to 32 fps. I haven't tried to overclock and everything is running at default. My Radeon card has 3 gigs of memory. Any advice to make this work would be greatly appreciated. If not then I will become another loud voice shouting to the masses the superiority of one Video company over the other.

Outcomes