8 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 5:28 PM by iwalkwithedead

Nvidia or not Nvidia that is the question.

darkestdata

This is to AMD and my fellow AMD users, I was/am a die hard Nvidia fan until recently. I started having issues with my old card, and it was real old, Geforce 550 TI. In my quest for a new video card I listened to a friend and decided to give AMD a chance. This was in anticipation of playing GTA V in very high or ultra mode. Now here are my system specs,  

Windows 8.1 64-bit,  AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 32nm, 12.0GB Single-Channel DDR3, Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 990FXA-UD3, Acer X223W

3072MB ATI AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series Sapphire, 931GB Seagate. Not the top high end but not bad.

Installed the game and all I get is stuttering, pausing, and crashing. Running the in game program I am lucky to get 30 fps. To make it even more annoying it will run from 12 fps to 28 fps, back down to 11 fps then to 32 fps. I haven't tried to overclock and everything is running at default. My Radeon card has 3 gigs of memory. Any advice to make this work would be greatly appreciated. If not then I will become another loud voice shouting to the masses the superiority of one Video company over the other.