34 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2015 2:12 PM by prim3

When it launches 15.5 BETA driver ??

d00m_g4m3r

How much more must wait until the driver is launched ? What happens to your support of drivers ?

Nvidia went before you in the drivers support, they make 1 - 2 final drivers per month, provide quality customer, and people is very pleased about this. When AMD does not offer anything, just Beta drivers with problems.

I have R9 290, i have not received any final driver from the last year, this is mockery AMD, and i`am not very happy. It is no wonder that people buy nvidia and bypass AMD cards.

• Re: When it launches 15.5 BETA driver ??
          kingfish

Are you having problems with the latest beta drivers, or are you having problems with a specific game? My 290 is rock solid with the 14.5..

jawadsmokii

ya same here my 290 is **** awesome , i only need crossfire profile for the witcher 3 .

** We intend these forums to be family friendly and do not look kindly on the use of profanity. Please keep it clean **  ray_m

Cornugon

Besides the lack of a CFX-profile for TW3, and that a manual MSAA sample setting does not work the 15.4 are pretty stable to me as well, mr. D-Double-O-M-Underscore-G-Four-M-Three-R.

gman99

Personally I agree with d00m_g4m3r AMD really disappointed me with their drivers support and it really got me thinking about my next upgrade, which will probably be Nvidia, I have always had Radeon cards but now am changing sides (unfortunately).

I currently have 2 HD6970 in crossfire and I am still waiting for that crossfire driver support for the Witcher 3, which i hope it will support my 2 old 6970's.

hondo

So when can we expect the drivers for PCars that was promised be released by Roy Taylor last week??

Cornugon

hondo schreef:

So when can we expect the drivers for PCars that was promised be released by Roy Taylor last week??

ray_m schreef:

the driver will only be released when it meets our standards.

Whenever that will be is open to speculation. Could be this week, could be next year. At any rate, there's no ETA for them at the moment

hondo

Its ridiculous for the Corporate Vice President at AMD to promise drivers and then not to deliver.

Cornugon

Well they probably ran into unforeseen issues, causing an unexpected delay. Which can happen.

The thing is that there's not much communication as to why it's taking longer than expected. And the fact that AMD fails to deliver 'game ready' drivers when games sponsored by the competition are released for quite some time just puts extra 'oil on the fire'.

Sure we can blame nVidia for being anti-competitive with their Gameworks, but instead of throwing mud and act like the bitten dog, AMD can also just choose to 'deal with it' and find a way to work around the issue. I'm sure when an nVidia representative says that devs are not restricted to use nVidia hardware (which is probably just a half-truth), there are ways to get back on nVidia on this.

Sure AAA-devs can just follow Rockstar's example and not cater to only nVidia or AMD (or embrace both), but that's not gonna happen.

qbtheslayer

LOL...  these topics are funny.   How about you guys and gals try real patience.  I have been stuck on 13.12 forever.  My main use for my GPU is madVR and nothing since 13.12 performs better...  in fact ALL drivers since then have been a downgrade performance-wise.

QB

hondo

I didn't buy two top of the range AMD GPU to wait for 6 months to play a game. This has been normal practice for AMD for quiet a while. Instead always blaming it on Nvidia why don't AMD be proactive get the drivers ready to best as possible. Fine Witcher has some gameworks features but they can at least get the crossfire profiles.

Obviously if you are only using your for madVR, then that's perfect for you. I bought my GPU to play newly released games which I cant at the moment.

One thing for sure, they have lost me as a customer and I would never ever recommend AMD cards again. This is beyond a joke now!

Cornugon

hondo schreef:

I didn't buy two top of the range AMD GPU to wait for 6 months to play a game.

What do you mean, six months? The game has only been released one-and-a-half week ago... That the game was delayed for six months has nothing to do with you buying two top range AMD GPU's.

hondo

I'm talking in general how long it takes AMD to release drivers so you can play new games.

Project cars doesnt use gameworks features. Or that what we have been told by SMS. AMD still haven't released driver for it. Except for handful of AMD users no one can play this game unless you are have an Nvidia card.

kingfish

Which version of the game would you like a fix for? Do you know how many patches that game has had already? You expect AMD to release updates for each patch as they are released when AMD finds out about the patch at the same time you do? All this whining reminds me of when Rage was released.

athlona

ROY@AMD keeps on telling us next week that was well over a weeks ago now and still no drivers People say new drivers could be on the release of the new 300 AMD cards... Thats fun well over a month from now then i'd say...

athlona

I`ll say Project Cars no new driver think that was begining of the month!!! AMD please wake up... Thats better edited after 5mins as i charm myself down

athlona

But i still love you AMD

prim3

I'm sorry who chose correct answer?? Was this the OP?  I did not, upon reading this thread, see the question answered.  The question was "when?" That implies a reference to time.  No time was referenced in the response, and I can only say then that this topic has not been "answered."  Looks ... inconsistent, much like support from team red.

I am a loyal and previously happy AMD customer (this has declined over the last 8 or so months).  I believe I should have never chosen to go CF, but that was the most reasonable upgrade path at the time.  That being said, there is no circumstance where I can enjoy the witcher 3 without CF enabled on my 270x(s).  So what to do when you own a product of a company that has continually failed to support it? What if my processor was constantly performing below par in the scenarios for which is was made and bought!?!? (i7 4790k from FX 6300)

Say what you want, and mention the gtx 480 drivers all you want, but the competition is better supporting their hardware PERIOD.  I would like to say that my team is winning but it is not, nor are we taking a public stance of responsibility for these issues.  Instead AMD publicly blames another company (3 actually over the last month or so) for their own failure to deliver a competitive experience.  Do what you have to do with your internal policies guys but get it together!  Choose responsibility, and not blame, and find solutions not scapegoats.  I am not saying that corporate espionage doesn't take place, as we all should know it does from both intel and NVidia sure... But they were doing that 5 years ago, and further back as well!  So what changed?? Moooore espionage? or an increasing lack of inspiration and/or resources to produce the technology that previously overcame such obstacles and garnered the loyal following that is now suffering the price/performance trap?  Not everyone has r9 290s and in an increasingly demanding gaming environment, the ONLY thing keeping these players in the game is DRIVERS.  So again, when????

I am currently searching ebay for Nvidia cards.  I'd rather buy that used, than go new AMD and continue to experience this.  I am not the only unhappy customer and no matter what is said in this forum the truth remains that AMD is losing market shares because people are CHOOSING NVidia.  So do your job AMD.

prim3

please see my post above and refer internally.  I think this is an opinion that may support more than just my own thoughts, and is reflective of your publics growing attitude towards not your engineering capabilities, but the proof in the pudding so to speak.  It's possible that AMD leadership is well aware of the declining public morale, but I think as many times as it can be shouted from the mountain tops until tangible change is experienced, is as many times as it should be shouted. I actually still believe AMD produces better GPUS than the competition with some truly innovative stuff and i'd be excited to see some new architecture in that vain.  I think the development philosophy is also something that would benefit the community largely if wholly accepted (open dev kit distro n such).  This new line you guys are working on is clearly creating a draw on resources, and it seems it may payoff, but without software backup it will disappoint and it would be something to see AMD bounce back from that, but those odds are bleak.  Anyway, do what you will, and best of luck to your team going forward.  I'm calling for a trade for the time being.. maybe I'll see you again down the line.  What a day it would be to see team RED in the lead for a change smh :defeated:

d00m_g4m3r

AMD will be better from the next year so on. They will come back in the game, they will make AMD CPU Zen and new GPU`s HBM2 base memory line. This R9 Fiji will be just the launch of this tech. HBM and the end of GDDR5. The rest of the R9 300 series cards will be R9 200 rebrands with better OC and more GDDR5 memory on, i think.

So is just a matter of time for them to rise and be competitive again, i hope.

No need to despair like this, just wait and see.

If they fail and fall, we can choose from Intel or Nvidia.

We have nothing to lose, they got to lose, think positive. They are just a company.