10 Replies Latest reply on Jun 8, 2015 11:21 AM by udidwht

Anything keeps spinning!

samynator

My Bug - YouTube

It appeared suddenly, when i played a game, which i have already played very often. I started the game and in the menu it scrolls permanently down through the options. If i manage it to start a new game, my character starts spinning on the left side and won't stop, no matter what button i press.

Now it get's really strange:

It only happens in some games. For example i play assassins creed brotherhood and anything works properly. Then i play the sequel assassins creed revelations and the bug appears. It's kind of random, which games are affected by this bug.

Believe me i tried putting out and in my mouse and keyboard, looked through the firewall, I even set my operating system new up and it doesn't help!!!

Does someone know a solution, or a least have a clue what could cause this bug?

Thank you in anticipation

• Re: Anything keeps spinning!
          savagebeastzero

This is a fairly known and irritating bug that tends to materialize in Unreal engine games. With that being said, have you experienced this mostly with games using this engine? If so, do you have other usb devices installed/in use such as gaming mouse, controllers or gaming keyboards such as the Logitech G13 etc.when this occurs?

kingfish

I have seen issues like this before and it was resolved by disabling/deleting Setpoint. So if you have Logitech try doing the same. If you have Win7 or above, let the OS handle the controller.

samynator

Ok I use the Mad Catz Rat.5 Gaming Mouse (and Win7) and I already changed it with the regular Microsoft Mouse and nothing changed. What do you mean by "disabling/deleting Setpoint". Do you mean I should delete the software or the driver for my Gaming Mouse?

samynator

If I think about it, yes I think most of them use a similar engine. I own a regular Microsoft Keyboard (so I think, thaht shouldn't be the problem^^), but I own a Mad Catz Rat.5 Gaming Mouse. You think that could be the problem? But I already changed it with the Windows Mouse, started the game and nothing changed :/

savagebeastzero

Sadly yes. The MadCatz Rat line of gaming mice have been known to create this issue in Unreal engine games as are some Logitech keyboards to name a few. This issue is due to poor software programming and a lack of driver updates to resolve the peripheral issue. This has been brought to the attention of both Microsoft, MadCatz, Logitech and other peripheral manufacturers for years without any resolution. A work around (Albeit not very convenient) is to disable/remove the HID compliant device causing the issue as well as it's drivers and functionality software prior to playing the game.

Try going into Device Manager > Human Interface Devices, then (disable/uninstall) any instances of the Virtual HID Device. This may also include HID-Compliant-Game-Devices, HID-Keyboard devices, so as irritating as it may be, start with the Virtual HID, relaunch to see if it's been fixed. If the problem still exists continue until you locate which HID instance is creating the issue and make a note of it for future reference.

This should resolve the issue for you. Although not very convenient, you'll in the least have the opportunity to use the game you paid for without issues.

Hope this helps and have a nice day.

2 of 2 people found this helpful
                    backFireX64

I used to have a pretty similar issue, and it turned out to be a keyboard key that was stuck pressed-in. Try cleaning your keyboard from dust or sticky fluids first.

Make sure that you have properly installed the USB controller driver for your motherboard, and try connecting an old PS/2 cabled keyboard if you have the chance.

udidwht

Do you happen to have FaceTrackNoIR or any other type of program like it?