8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2015 5:04 AM by andre

Playing GTAV or in windows 8.1 Display driver stops responding

andre

Hi there,

Since I play GTAV and the most common solution for your official driver and glitches was using the beta version 14.1. I'm own a MSI r9 270 2G in:

* egva 860i SLI 122-CK-NF68-XX 2.4 Ghz

* MSI r9 270 2G

* 4gb DDR2 1600mhz Gskill

* win 8.1 Pro (updated)

* Power supply Uranu 850W

* 1 SSD 120gb Samsung (boot)

* 2 Raid 0 (1Tb)

From nowhere I am stating to have this problem. Sundenly the Display driver stopped responding and has recovered, totally ramdom. It's quite annoying and I can't work, play or do something on my computer without having a complete kernel panic. Never happened before niether with this card or with previous one (nvidia GTS250 1gb).

Untitled1.png

Untitled.png

When I checked my win logs I can see this kinda errors (file attach) "gift":

System Information report written at: 05/21/15 08:16:49

System Name: MOTHERF

[Windows Error Reporting]

Time    Type    Details  

16/05/2015 06:09    Application Error    Faulting application name: GTAVLauncher.exe, version: 1.0.350.1, time stamp: 0x5540c4df
Faulting module name: RTSSHooks64.dll_unloaded, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x545f520f
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000018e40
Faulting process id: 0xf34
Faulting application start time: 0x01d08f7c786207fb
Faulting application path: D:\GTAV\GTAVLauncher.exe
Faulting module path: RTSSHooks64.dll
Report Id: 196b46a6-fb92-11e4-8264-00044b056efd
Faulting package full name: 
Faulting package-relative application ID:

I could suspect that this is a Rockstar issues, but happens on windows 8.1 only without even start the GTAV.

When I remover the AMD drivers and rollback to windows drivers, everything return to normal.

tryied to remove completely AMD catalist and drivers. Reinstall the official version and the thing still there.....

Reinstalled the GTAV(PAINFULL since it's +/2 hours of adrenaline installer), but glitch comes like a winning price....

Never used AMD Oc or AMD boost.

Did a temperature and voltage monitor and everything is aparently ok. Ave temp 45º degree

So.... my workaround says, this only can be stable on windows driver.... meh! Can you give me a help please? Let me know if you need more details about my specs or logs please.

Mensagem editada por: Andre L

• Re: Playing GTAV or in windows 8.1 Display driver stops responding
          zookiper

hey man ... i kind of have the same problem i have an 7850HD 2gb , i'm on windows 8.1 and the latest driver 15.4 optimized for gta v ..

its not only gta that the driver stops working at , i got fifa 15 and the rest too ... i start the pc over and over like 15 times a day , i tried almost every thing reinstal the games .. directx 11 , reinstal the driver .. even i format, unplug the rams and the graphic card ... still the same problem 

i noticed some window appearing saying that the driver stopped responding when watching some movies or so , i guess its definitely the driver

some one from AMD please help !!!!!!!!!!

1 of 1 people found this helpful
              kingfish

This issue has a workaround that 'fixes' the problem for some users..

The issue is Micro$ofts default TDR setting. Basically (simplified) Microsoft has determined that a program which hasn't responded in a given time should be restarted.

TDR stands for Timeout Detection and Recovery. This is a feature of the Windows operating system which detects response problems from a graphics card, and recovers to a functional desktop by resetting the card. If the operating system does not receive a response from a graphics card within a certain amount of time (default is 2 seconds), the operating system resets the graphics card.

Increasing the default TDR setting to 8-10 seconds gives the graphics card longer to complete its task. How to do that:

Open registry editor..run > regedit >  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\GraphicsDrivers. In the box to the right you may or may not see  TdrDelay with a data value of (2). If you see that, double click and change the value from (2) to (8) or (10) (8 works for me). If you don't see TdrDelay...right click on a open space and create a new Dword and name it TdrDelay . Double click that and set a value of 8. Start at 8 and increase it if necessary. Generally a value of 8 or 10 gets the job done.

andre

well this is TOTALLY unfair. I brought this Graqh card in month 04! after activate the varanty and wait a bloddy month for a swap, (new graph card). msi r9 270

NOW I have a brand new PC, working smooth and with no problem WITH A NVIDIA, but when I connect the MSI keeps freaking up the "

Display driver stops responding"

CPU:Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz

Motherboard:
              ASUS MAXIMUS VII RANGER - ATX - LGA1150 Z97
              Memory:
              G.skill trident x ddr3-2600mhz 2x4gb
              Graphics Card:
              MSI R9 270 2Gb
              HDD/SSD:
              120gb Samsung SSD + 2Tb HDD
              Sound Card:
              Built-in stereo speakers with 24-watt digital ampl
              PSU:
              Fonte XFX Pro 750W Black Edition
              Cooling:
              CPU Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO
              Operating System:
              Microsoft Windows 8.1 (6.3) 64-bit (Build 9600)

-I am just asking myself before pay in advanced, have almost 1 months of "THIS IS NOT MY PROBLEM AS A USER" and THEN new card same bloody problem!. I just want my nmoney back and BUY a NVIDIA.