4 Replies Latest reply on May 20, 2015 6:58 PM by sam.tehrani

Forum birthing pain progress report

Hey everyone, wanted to pass on an update.

1: Abuse report

We had an "abuse" report, for spam. Perfectly valid. Unfortunately, the instant I deleted the spam I lost the name of the person reporting, but THANK YOU whoever you are.

FYI: This particular post had either been there a while unnoticed, or reappeared because of a glitch in the migration. Either way, it's dead Jim.

2: Moderation problems

I am still not 100% sure we have this nailed. I just approved a message that was time stamped AFTER the fix went in, and it had links. So I'm a little concerned. (There was another, but so close to when I made the fix that it's not a solid proof point.)

I'll check one more time this evening, and then we'll see what's in the cue in the morning. Hopefully nothing. What I can report is... the number of moderation requests I was getting sank to just that, one all afternoon. There were easily 10-20 this morning. Y'all were driving me crazy!

EDIT: it's the next morning, all is well. I think we killed the beast. With apologies to our vegetarian friends..... BARBECUE!

• Re: Forum birthing pain progress report
          savagebeastzero

No problem! No thanks necessary but, appreciated.   I'm glad I caught it while scrolling through the forums, your quick response to it is already indicative of the site wide changes and that's most definitely a welcome difference. Keep up the good work, the transition has already show it's value! Any word on the possible integration of "Red Team" system specifications onto profiles in a more visible state and also possibly site wide (i.e forums/posts)? It really would be a fantastic addition and be beneficial to all end users.

sam.tehrani

I know you have checked out the  Red Team community. I see you've described your rig.

We decided to NOT put that in the formal profiles for a couple of reasons. The primary one is, this is an AMD-wide community, including partners, corporate messaging, software developers, etc. So we're trying to keep the "universal" stuff for the entire community as generic as possible. Other folks in the new neighborhood might not care. having said that, I know rig visibility is high on Sam's list. I made sure Sam hears this, it validates what he's trying to accomplish.

But as we evolve, we'll see what happens. This is actually almost my introduction to the existence of the Red Team Cool stuff.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
                  savagebeastzero

Point taken, I didn't look at it from a universal community perspective and that's totally understandable. I can see why it's not available site wide but, am looking forward to seeing the direction you, sam.tehrani and the rest of the staff decide to take in coming to an eventual resolution to enable transparency between users. Assisting community users searching for resolutions to their technical issues is something I'm passionate about, as are a few others here in the AMD community. Yet, I believe I can speak for everyone when saying that we don't feel the same when having to ask each individual user who needs assistance what their specs are multiple times a day.

With that being said, I trust the staff there to determine the best solution to this issue. Once again great job and keep up the good work.

sam.tehrani

I agree with you lordhelmet. Having been in a few forums and seeing the value of sharing and having access to each others specs does come in handy often. Rest assured that I will continue to discuss this with the rest of the team and ultimately deliver a solution. I'm glad you've share your feedback already, very helpful.

1 of 1 people found this helpful