53 Replies Latest reply on May 27, 2015 5:59 PM by forgoroe

Witcher 3

jawadsmokii

are we going to have new driver with corssfire for the game today ?

as i have heard that you got copy like 2 weeks ago or more ?

• Re: Witcher 3
          Cornugon

jawadsmokii schreef:

are we going to have new driver with corssfire for the game today ?

as i have heard that you got copy like 2 weeks ago or more ?

Still having nightmares of The Witcher 2, one of my most anticipated games in the recent years, not having a properly working profile for at least two weeks after it's initial release (and no mouse Y-reverse ), and that global-lightsources bug when finally getting one...

Knowing TW3 is a Crapworks-title is knowing it's going to stink anyway (well the performance, I'm not talking about the actual game content here ofcourse!).

backFireX64

Just ~4 hours for unlocking gog version left... we'll know how it fairs by then. Hopefully we'll get a new driver in the next days too! Can't wait really, though my playtime is very limited knowadays.

EDIT: I hope that the custom AFR mode will at least work and scale well. We'll see.

jamfilleddelight

Hey,

I'd like to confirm something with you guys. Witcher 3 has ZERO Xfires support at the moment, right? Running both my XFX DD 290x's together brings my performance down lower than it does with one card. Excuse my naivety; just trying to make sure it's not a problem on my end.

jawadsmokii

its really bad .... i tried everything to crossfire it , ARF is good , but there is alot of flikering and white shadow . 290 CF with 8350

backFireX64

Alright, i gave it myself a try with custom AFR crossfirex mode through CCC/ 3d application and game profiles. Using ULTRA settings except NVIDIA Hairworks=off (or else it kills my fps), all post processing effects enabled with HBAO+=on, 1080p 60hz vsync. Running on core i7 975 (~4.00 Ghz) and 2 HD5970 cards (4 gpus) on 880/1000 Mhz:

witcher 3 - ULTRA/ HBAO+ photo witcher3 ULTRA-HBAO_zpsvm0v74xo.png

It shows some really promising scaling performance for future drivers/ patches, but as @jawadsmokii said, there is A LOT of flickering that needs to be sorted out first, before i can actually start enjoying playing this wonderful game.

hondaman

I was about to hop in the car and get another 290x.

I guess I'll wait until they fix it if another card will do me no good.

8350, 290x, 1440p trying to play on Ultra settings.  Just a little too stuttery for my taste, but it sure looks nice.

fenix808

Quadfire 7990's no crossfire or CrossfireX support. Here's hoping for a new driver today :/

Cornugon

So what's the verdict so far?

I've been reading it runs well even on old (both nVidia and AMD) hardware, it has choppy cutscenes with a GTX 980, and Hairworks kills performance, even on nVidia. Oh and that it DOESN'T run well (on nVidia). Well at least SLI works...

Oh and what's this about this 'downgrade' alledgedly 'sponsored' by Micro$oft? They've changed the 'realistic look' from TW2 (and all that pre-release footage) for a more 'stylized/cartoony'-look?

Glad I didn't pre-order this... oh wait I actually did a year ago, and forgotten completely about it. Now it's been sent to my old address since I moved in the mean time...

black_zion

I haven't seen any reviews from the reputable sources yet, only that there was a large day 1 patch to fix issues. I might get it next year when it goes 85% off on GOG and all the bugs, both on the developer and driver sides, have been ironed out, but I still haven't really played TW2. I lost my gamepad and the new control system in TW2 vs TW1 threw me for such a loop.

troisdoigtsdtc

Hi,

Same question here. Nvidia publish their drive BEFORE that the game was out. More optimisation etc etc. Still nothing for ATI. And i just check download driver.

You know that the LAST TRUSTED driver (not beta) have the date 12/9/2014 woot woot ! ATI one year without "official" driver ? 8 month !! Some people can praticaly have baby in two release of catalyst \o/

I hope ATI change his politic for driver with windows 10 or my next card will be a nvidia after 10 years to grab ATI card config after config...

Cornugon

troisdoigtsdtc schreef:

Hi,

Same question here. Nvidia publish their drive BEFORE that the game was out. More optimisation etc etc. Still nothing for ATI. And i just check download driver.[/q]

You are aware of the fact that The Witcher 3 is sponsored by nVidia so that it's not so strange that nVidia releases their drivers for it in a timely matter? And that, secondly, nVidia isn't exactly famous for being a fair player, so that AMD probably only got their hands on the code until very recently?

You know that the LAST TRUSTED driver (not beta) have the date 12/9/2014 woot woot ! ATI one year without "official" driver ? 8 month !! Some people can praticaly have baby in two release of catalyst \o/

Wait...are you confusing the US date format (by putting the month in front of the day) with the more 'universal' date format (day-month-year)? Because the 14.12 Omega was released on 9th of december last year, not exactly 8 months ago...

And...this again. Just because drivers aren't tested by Microsoft doesn't mean they're not 'official'...

madflasher

Only 25fps on 7990 on max =( We need cf profile asap

madflasher

Just remember Far Cry 4 with four month without cf profile =(

jamfilleddelight

Honestly, a single 290x (i'm using an XFX DD) handles this game well on ultra without the salon treatment. Of course, i couldn't resist and had to go into the usersettings.ini file and amp everything up a bit, which cut my FPS in halfish. I was running at about 50-65 fps, and now i'm at 27-45. If and when a Crossfire profile does become available, my lonely second 290x can stop crying in the corner and come out and play.

It really isn't as bad as people are making it to seem, though, and i haven't stumbled into any game-breaking bugs.

Anyway, back to trying to kill a level 7 Wraith at level 1!

gnasher666

I have graphic glitches on my R9 295x card as shown in this short clip. Anyone else seeing these sorts of issues?

The flickering is quicker in game then the video shows.

2015 05 20 14 15 58 rep - YouTube

black_zion

TomsHardware did an informal article on The Witcher 3: http://www.tomshardware.com/news/witcher-3-wild-hunt-gameplay,29139.html

" We ran two quick tests with the FRAPS benchmark to get an exact framerate count for my settings (High, VSync On, SSAO, Nvidia HairWorks Off). Each test lasted five minutes, with me playing through multiple scenarios such as walking through a town, combat, riding through the countryside, and interacting with other characters.

The first test had an average of 41 fps, with the highest count at 61 fps and the lowest at 24 fps. The second test had a slightly higher average of 46 fps, with the highest count at 61 fps and the lowest at 20 fps."

That's using a R9 280 and an i3-4160, a fairly solid midrange system. The monitor he uses is a 1920x1080 display, so I assume it was that resolution. Given how it works now on AMD cards without a specific driver release...Crossfire only has to have 50% scaling to get 60FPS.

enixmage

You guys know there's a windows 10 driver made to work on 8.1 right? It gave massive fps improvements in Gta 5 and it's doing amazing in Witcher 3.. It's a lil pain to install but worth it. AMD Catalyst 15.x Win Mod (15.200.1023 April 28) - Guru3D.com Forums 

Also you can enable hairworks and get little to no performance hit , by using CC or Radeon pro and turning tessellation to 8x or 16x depending on your card.

You'll also need to go to C:\Users\whatever your account name is\Documents\The Witcher 3 Dir and edit the user.settings file. Go to the line Hairworks= and i'd assume if you have a 285 or above try 4 it defaults at 8. people with lesser cards may need to play with the setting idk.

I've personally dropped the whole hairworks thing 8x tessellation doesn't make the world look bad or anything and ya know you get nice hair, but it is noticeable on certain objects statues, shops, logs ect.. So went back to 64x and am also using Radeon Pro to make some minor tweaks here and there.

If any of you are using in game AA turn it off. It was a new AA method (or so I hear ) CD Project Red made for their engine. Works well.. but if you Force 4X EQ in CC or Radeon Pro looks amazing. on lower cards use 2X EQ

Another biggie is sweetfx  https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/970/  I'm currently using K-Putt's preset it's gorgeous, though try Omni Fx's also I can't decide between them. Great work on their part.

I've been tweaking the game a lot to get it to look amazing and stable 60 fps on a 290 with sweetfx.

Anyway I hope I helped you cats out. I'm new to the forum and just trying to pass knowledge. If anyone needs any help or hell know something I don't plz post. I'm always looking to make the game better I'll be with it for the next month or so.. May as well look the best it can.

jamfilleddelight

Wait wait wait. Doesn't SweetFX use it's own AA? Also, i can't seem to spot the difference by using Radeon Pro. Does AA 16x EQ make a difference as well? I must be blind. Also, do you know if we're supposed to turn of sharpness while using Sweetfx? Thanks!

enixmage

Yes SweetFx profile (made by users) Generally turn on Smaa or Fxaa. These methods are much cheaper Gpu wise than your traditional Msaa (what CC or Radeon Pro use). You can just run them together I tend not to fxaa is really light performance hit honestly pretty minimal but idk using AA methods together cause they go at it different ways is just odd to me. Depends on game engine also, Sometimes Fxaa is beautiful sometimes it's just not enough. Like in this case.

I forgot to note a Radeon Pro fix, for the new sweet fx 2.0 if that's what your using (will say reshade on game bootup) Top of Radeon Pro 3rd icon looks like gears (settings tab) select compatibility list choose the witcher 3.exe and select ignore D3d 11. Sweetfx seems to get pissy if something is messing with it's .dll's . Fraps won't work with it either if you try to use that, just use the on screen fps built into Radeon pro.

Also if you're running you game as admin and are not running Radeon pro as admin it won't have rights to access it's files. You can tell if it's running if you use the on screen fps..you'll get a little yellow fps overlay in corner.

Now as far as AA settings.16 EQ...idk you may have that option.. I only go to 8 EQ and that's a massive fps drop. and unnecessary less your running on a 60 inch plus tv. I'm on a 55 inch and 4xEQ and 1920x1080 @ 60 fps is what I shoot for. It's lovely. Going higher on AA I'd honestly downsample you'd get a better picture if your running a dual gpu setup for the same drop in performance .. or less.

Now if you mean 16 AF that's entirely different... yes you should use 16 AF.

As far as sharpness generally it's a user pref thing, like I turn off vignette cause all it does is make the sides of the screen dark.. It's suppose to emulate a "cinematic feel" , but I just see a darker boarder around my game annoys me..but others love it. If the user's profile for sweetfx says to turn it off,, I mean I guess try it see how it sits with you..

Cornugon

I'm curious about something: why are people so keen on using SweetFX for every game they play instead of just using the game's default saturation, brightness, and contrast settings as meant by the developer? It's not that vanilla-TW3 is ugly or something. And TW3's custom AA is some sort of mixture between MLAA/SMAA and Temporal AA.

enixmage

I never understood "as meant by developer" argument, it's all about taste. You perhaps prefer the pink and polkadot car yet I would like it in lime green.. In this instance we both get what we want (and apparently we both have bad taste). It's a great time to be a Pc gamer..

But yeah man... you should really look back into Sweetfx and Gemfx...they go well and above Saturation and brightness levels they can implement DOF even..By that logic though why does ones have those controls on their TV...Game of thrones was meant to be seen in this contrast, brightness ect..(no one says this)

Reason it's popular is 1. How easy it is to install...copy files to the dir with game's .exe in it and 2. copy a person's preset to the sweetfx folder you just made.. (download a lot and try out different looks)

A person's preset can make a game look like a cartoon.. or in the Witcher's case at least for me have a more realistic tone. Enb's do it better but then your talking massive fps hit, BUT Gem guys figured out a way to get a lot of Enb fx into their suite and reshade (sweet fx 2.0) have done that with DOF and are working on lighting like SSAO which is insane to me..Point is..it's not just a saturation control with user presets. It's not about it being ugly either. I personally think CD Project Red did a FANTASTIC job creating a world I am very happy to play in. It's about making it look the best for me personally for the 100+ hours i'll be putting into it. Best for me isn't probably best for you (or maybe it is who knows) but that's why it's so lovely.You actually can have your cake and eat it too.

As far as the AA goes..Yeah as I said their AA is good not great. It's kinda the same thing if you can pull 4x EQ (or higher) and it looks better, but you don't want to cause the dev's made a AA? I don't get that. You understand that AA was made with consoles in mind right.. compared to console AA I'm sure it stacks up if isn't way better, but it doesn't scale well with beefy pc.

Look if you have 10 mins throw 4x EQ on and a sweetfx profile, if you don't think that does wonders for your Witchers world turn it right back off. No harm no foul.

Cornugon

I don't mind 'enhancing' the way games look by high res texture packs, higher poly models, alternate hair meshes for your custom-made characters. Or a higher quality of Anti-Aliasing (more on that below). But I don't like outright CHANGING the way a game looks, what most 'sweetFX' presets seem to do. Take Skyrim for example: okay I must be the only person in the whole wide world who spent 300 hours in the game with no mod at all, but it goes like this: I like the way vanilla-Skyrim looked, I like the gritty atmosphere, the greyish sky during the day like it could start to rain at any momen, the lighting, it reminded me of Wales and Scotland (which is a good thing in my book). I'm not talking about the low-res textures in game, the UI system, or the not-so-great dynamic shadows, I'm talking about the overall look. Then came all these ENB and SweetFX mods and make it all bright and colourful.
                                                              I once installed a sweetFX for Call of Cthulhu: Dark Corners of the Earth. It made the game look 'warmer' which I personally didn't think it was very fitting for the setting.

And about your cake comparison: it's actually more like having someone else's cake and pour jelly and chocolate sprinkles over it because you like it better that way

But you're right: it's a matter of taste! I have no intention of installing these tools/injectors however.

But to come back to the 'what devs have envisioned' part: I personally hate it when a PC-game('s VSync) is locked at 30fps or having a forced letterbox screen (at 16:9!). I don't really like 'vignetting' since that made me believe my screen was wearing out... So yeah you're right about this in a way. Sometimes devs don't appear to have the gamer's best interest in mind, and sometimes they listen to gamers too much, kinda like politics...

So Anti-Aliasing:

My AA comment was actually not necessarily pointed towards SweetFX in general, but more to say the in-game solution is already similar to SMAA, AND has Temporal AA, so why the need for an external tool to apply just that, and forego the Temporal AA?

By the way I'm a SSAA-junkie so to speak, I don't like jaggies much, but I hate FXAA for making everything so blurry. I love the overall sharpness SSAA brings, especially since MSAA doesn't cut it anymore. Probably an OCD-deficiency on my behalf... However there are several games with no support for MSAA (and thus SSAA), like The Witcher 3 as I read, just like the Enhanced Edition of it's predecessor (I wonder if you can actually see much of a difference between EQAAx8 or none at all, I don't think so. But you CAN change the AA-sample amount in CCC in the 15.x drivers? It's not possible in the 15.3 and 15.4's, so I was curious!).
                                                              So with the lack of proper AA-support (personally I think post-process AA solutions are suitable as an extra option over MS/SSAA or the following solution, instead of the 'main-AA-method'), the next best thing would be downsampling/VSR.

Keep in mind that I'm currently not in the possession of The Witcher 3, so I can't try any suggestions anyone offers. At least I don't have to tear my heart out waiting for a working Crossfire profile...

enixmage

I actually think you right on a lot of fronts (although I probably spent 100 hours or more alone modding skyrim so take some of it with a grain of salt). I have actually dropped 4xEQ and any AA from sweetfx (4xEQ was coming from CC profile) I tend not to use Sweetfx AA cause it's either Smaa or Fxaa, if you have a lower end system and in game AA is only Msaa this can be a huge deal is generally why I post about it.

In those first drivers I posted for Gta 5/ Witcher 3 performance it enables VSR so I switched to 2550x1440p with no AA needed on a 1080p tv. I always prefer downsampling, but with a game giving shoddy performance I didn't figure it was gonna happen. if however you do drop the tessellation to 8 or 16x you can achieve downsampling AND enable hairworks..

Now as far as sweetfx yeah I'm still using it, though I switched to OmniFx's profile, here's a on/off picture

http://sfx.thelazy.net/games/screenshot/25272/full/

As you can see at least for me these are small changes, though imo characters look more realistic, note skin tone obviously, but also note the shading on the leather and how the small patches on Ciri's (the girl left) pop out, the leather work on the older gentleman's armor is also very noticeable. Note the grass shading, it's small changes like this High res texture packs would be much more drastic.(Although I can't wait for them either ).

This is why I love Omni Fx and K-putt's work they Never change the game's tone, they almost always just make small changes to make things look better. When one puts 100+ hours into something Idk things like this matter to me.

enixmage

Going left is sweetfx on and right is off obviously, but now that I have seen it I can't unsee it..you know. The default  characters now have peach face going on in terms of skin tone.

Plus I just think it overall makes the game look a lot better.

Cornugon

Well I have to agree with you there: with the slider to the right (so the left screen so to speak) to colour setting is too high (so skin gets too orange), and it appears less sharp (but maybe the in-game sharpness setting can change this too?).

I think, when I have the game and there's a Crossfire profile, I might try and see how VSR to 1800p performance is going to be, and try to tweak the hairworks settings to see if I can improve it's performance. I'm not going to lower Tesselation just to improve some Gameworks stuff which isn't going to perform well on Radeons whatever we try (the Hairworks, it seems HBAO+ has the same performance hit on nVidia cards according to benchmarks)

enixmage

Yeah Hbao+ hurts performance and imo is barely a difference from ssao in certain situations I can see it, Assassin's Creed 4 for example, though here Idk I don't see it,

I've heard there's no crossfire support for it and that's really bad,,Though you can run it on single Gpu , but that's no excuse

Far as Hairworks it isn't happening unless you drop Tesselation . We get like a 67% drop in frames. Now in 1080p I noticed some things in 8x I didn't like but I'm fairly picky.

In 2560x1440p it's cool.. If your popping up to 1800 then you should be cool also.

saijanprince

I wonder if this will help in pCars as well!!! good tips mate cheers!

deesee76

If it makes anyone happier, i have 295x2 in quadfire paired with i7 4790k with 16Gb.

In 4k, ultra everything under "graphics setting" is unplayable ~ 20fps.   Ultra everything in 2k hovers around 35-50fps depending on options.   Running latest beta drivers which are optimised for GTA5.  I also turned off all settings under "post processing".  Very disappointing performance on amd cards.  Whereas dragon age inquisition and gta5 runs in 4k flawlessly (60fps+).

Really hope new drivers will up the performance.  

Cornugon

Well that's because Crossfire doesn't work properly in this game yet, wether you have two or four GPU's...

enixmage

Yeah until the 15.5 beta's come out you'll have to run the 295 as a single card. I'm pulling 60fps in 1920x1080 with hairworks and Hbao+ on or 60 in 2560x1440 with no hairworks.Also using Sweetfx profile that drops around 5-7 fps..It's fairly easy to hit these numbers. I have a 290 slightly OC'd (7% pretty much makes it in line with a 290x performance wise), so you should get around that performance.

Crossfire is broken in this game and in project cars till new drivers come out. This config tool will help you max stuff out (and go higher than ultra) once you get a proper crossfire profile. W3HC - Witcher 3 Hunter's Config incl. SweetFX at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community

Cornugon

What settings are you using, since there's no way you can pull a steady 60fps on 1080p with all settings maxed on an R9 290(X).

enixmage

Sure you can. The Biggest one for Fps gain is to disable Hairworks, if you want to keep it enabled though Open up CC panel (make a profile for witcher 3.exe under gaming / 3d app settings) and at the bottom change the Tessellation override app settings and set it to 8x. Using the app I linked you can change a TON of settings (or edit the ini's yourself. There's 3 .ini files in all. Also make sure game is updated 1.04 and Force 16x AF there was a bug in 1.01 where you had to force it in CC or it would default to 2x, idk if that's been fixed or not but forcing it in CC won't hurt either or. If you need help tweaking it just gimmie a yell.

Cornugon

I know how to tweak settings. You can't get a steady 60fps on that card with performance killers like Hairworks (not even with a low Tesselation) ON and Foliage Visibility Range on Ultra. With both of those disabled (Foliage Visibility Range on High instead of Ultra) I get a steady 60fps myself. If I enable even one of those, I see my fps go down a bit. If I leave those settings off/high and set my res at 1440p using VSR, the stable and smooth 60fps is gone as well.

And sure you can finetune both of those settings in those .ini-files to get the best trade-off in eye-candy vs performance. But the game's default Ultra Foliage Visibility hits the fps just a bit too much.

enixmage

Yeah I have foliage and shadows on high I forgot to mention that sorry. as far as postprocessing effects depends on which sweetfx I'm running, I do always turn off vignette though, it just makes edges of screen dark and has a small fps hit. Now if your trying to run 3800x2160p then yeah man you're gonna have to wait for drivers and a CF profile. I was under the impression you couldn't hit 60 fps in 1080.

enixmage

You should take 5 mins and look into the .ini files though you can set Textures to 4096 (ultra is 2048) which we have 4gb cards so really no performance drop and force 16x AF those 2 things make the game look way better (unless they did actually fix the AF in patch.) Other than that it's minor tweaks, like maxed compressed budget to 120 uncompressed to 295 , Improves loading/streaming.

Cornugon

I already did a bunch of tweaks, but probably too heavy on the shadows so I reset them to default. I don't think raising the Texture res to 4096 would help much since I didn't see a difference with 2048 and I actually don't think there are any such resolution textures in the game. Especially since there are plenty of low-res around. But some of the rest might help, but I'm going to look into the tweaks again when the 15.5 finally arrives...

Cornugon

No problems mate, I rechecked my settings and without .ini tweaks I have to disable Hairworks and set Foliage Distance to High to get a smooth consistent (well with the occasional hitching which is apparently normal in open-world games) 60fps@1080p. This includes having maximum shadow detail and HBAO+ on. With all settings maxed (Tesselation set to x8 in CCC) I get around 44fps in the prologue-village.

I have Vignetting enabled since it only seems to do something when using Witcher-sense and is not always there.

enixmage

Oh another thing on Hairworks, one of the "features" in it was to set individual AA on the Hairwork models and it defaults to Msaa 8x. Which is overkill and if your running high res anyway unnecessary. This setting has no bearing on in game AA just the Hairworks part. Go to   C:\"where ever your game is installed at" \The Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt\bin\config\base and the .ini is rendering.ini. Make a backup of it open it up and change the line HairWorksAALevel=8 to 4. Also if you have the 1.04 patch installed the line TextureMipBias=-1. Users have reported 10fps gain by putting it back to 0. in 1.01-1.03 it was 0,

if you're using sweetfx (or even if you're not depending on preference) the game may be too sharp anyway, so you can try with it on and off. I'm "currently" using  Photorealism Preset at The Witcher 3 Nexus - Mods and community and have turned in game sharpness off. and TextureMipBias=0. I can't say for certain that it's huge fps gain, but it is noticeably faster on 0.

Cornugon

Thanks, but like I said I know how to tweak .ini-files. And I know about the Hairworks AA-setting. And I agree that both a Tesselation Factor at x64 and MSAA at x8 on just the hair is overkill at 1080p. Maybe the difference is noticable at 4K between a lower setting, but in my book, to 'solve' the Hairworks performance 'issue' CDPR should just add a Hairworks MSAA slider in the game, and one that controls the Tesselation factor of the hair (like with the ocean-tesselation, which is also forced to x8 if you override from CCC).

I like to leave the TextureMipBias at -1 since I like the sharper textures, and at my current settings it doesn't cause frame dips: -Texture rendering quality for the high and ultra presets has been improved.

I did disable the in-game Sharpness setting though. I'm not going to use any sweetfx...

I was using the tweakguide by the way on geforce.com

athlona

The Witcher 3:-

Email from CD Projekt Red Support this response is totally useless to me why are these company’s not working together as there are only two real GPU manufactures out there on PC??? This is the main reason the PC gaming industry is in such a mess. AMD really need to chance their drivers as we believe as and when! To drivers even if it a BETA not every month but just before a AAA release comes out or to fix issues as they arise . And for Nvidia drivers only make the effort for the latest GPUs on the market Kepler runs worse now to poorly written drivers or is it on propose? 

I have just made the move from The GREEN Team a month ago from a Nvidia Titan due mainly from me purchasing a 40” 4K Display and it couldn’t drive this Resolution. So the only other Team is Team RED to a 295x2 much faster card from my Titan for sure but Drivers are so poor indeed.

All we ask for are Drivers from both AMD & Nvidia that work for the latest AAA games on release date and Crossfire & SLI work without issues that is in a NUT shell! Not hard as we all pay a lot for our GPUs

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-05-26 11:28] (*********************)

Re: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt - Windows - [2015-05-26 11:28] (*********************)

PC Support (pc_support@cdprojektred.com)

Add to contacts

10:22

[Keep this message at the top of your inbox]

To: (*********************)

pc_support@cdprojektred.com

Parts of this message have been blocked for your safety.

Show content|I trust pc_support@cdprojektred.com. Always show content.

Hello there,

we're still waiting for drivers from AMD since they didn't provide them yet. In contrary, nvidia released their drivers on the day of the release.

We're sorry for the inconvenience, but the only solution for now is to play in HD and wait for the AMD drivers.

Kind regards,

Marcin Kulikowski

On 26 May 2015 at 11:28, en.cdprojektred.com <no_reply@en.cdprojektred.com> wrote:

Product: The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt

Platform: Windows

OS version: Windows 8 (64-bit)

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4770K CPU @ 3.50GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.5GHz

Amount of RAM: 16318MB

Graphic card: AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Screen resolution: 3840 x 2160 (32 bit) (60Hz)

Driver update-date: 4/10/2015 19:58:14, 1358192 bytes

Boxed or digital: digital

Vendor: GOG.com

Country: UK

Game code: (*********************)

User email: (*********************)

Problem description:

Hi, I am experiencing AMD Crossfire Issues with my 295x2 GPU when Crossfire is enabled I am getting treble screen flashing which make for a unplayable gaming experience. If I disable Crossfire the Flashing does go away but my system is running a 4K display and the drop in FPS is way too great. I am running the latest patch 1.04 which has improved performance but still not enough to run outside of crossfire. If this is a AMD GPU Driver still why didn’t you quality check The Witcher 3 running on either the 14.4 Dec 2014 or the latest 15.4 drivers so we AMD users could play the game using Crossfire as that would have been useful. I know the game is a Nvidia game but still should run on AMD hardware as well. So please can you confirm why crossfire doesn’t work thanks? Been waiting for the game for a long time… Mr (*********************)

--

TECHNICAL SUPPORT

en.cdprojektred.com/support

CD PROJEKT S.A.

ul. Jagiellońska 74, 03-301 Warsaw, Poland

thewitcher.com | cyberpunk.net | cdprojektred.com

black_zion

The Witcher 3 is an nVidia Gameworks game which has proprietary, obfuscated code which AMD has to figure out. And as long as you are complaining, why aren't you complaining that CD Projekt has released 4 large patches for a game in less than two weeks and is working on a 5th?

Cornugon

The main complaint is that there's no CFX profile, while SLI works fine. I couldn't care less about Hairworks-performance (well okay I care a little, but it's not that important to me at the moment).

enixmage

Issue is AMD really can't figure out gameworks code, it's proprietary and even the devs are given .dll files. The thing to remember here is the game is made for consoles first..Consoles have AMD cards in them. Though they are single Gpu cards obviously, then you try to port it and add game works code on top of it, honestly I'm quite shocked half of these games work as well as they do. 

The best Amd can do is turn Tessellation to 8x by default, which soon as they do that a game that requires it to be much higher will come out and the internet will spazz out. Nvidia does Tessellation better, Amd does direct compute better...So guess what Nvidia is pushing...Problem with that is their cards are getting done in also. Idk I see it one of 2 ways.

1: Their giving more than half their users horrid performance along with AMD (their maxwell chips do tessellation a lot faster but older chipsets that should own this game are getting the really short end) Just to make AMD look bad...(Sad fact here is that it's working)

2: Their code is written by monkeys. Which of course I'm being facetious their not idiots and this is a billion dollar industry, I understand where their coming from but that is just dirty.

Now with all that being said..there's still no excuse for not having a crossfire profile up.  

athlona

Disable Hairworks on 4k ultra gave me 5 extra FPS that not the answer better Drivers is the answer so my Crossfire kicks in then I believe I would see a FPS of 40-45 giving me a much better experience. Someone on a forum said The Witcher 3 is the new Crysis 3 in benchmarking what a joke as it looks in no way better at all...

athlona

Can't AMD just release a Crossfire Profile without the need for new drivers or was that a Dream ?

forgoroe

I need drivers or a crossfire profile. Just please AMD... Stop messing around.

Roy had the great idea to announce that drivers would come a week later. More than a week since the announcement he decides to ask for feedback on current issues to improve something that was already supposed to be done and ready.

How does AMD work? 

Isn't it common sense to ask for help with something before you start working on it, and not right when you're supposed to be done with it. What sense does that make? To me: NONE.

Plus, it pisses me off because false expectations are sour... Especially when you rely on them heavily when they are portrayed as true.

Man, I am salty.