In addition, AMD has released a list of known issues for its Catalyst 14.1 drivers. It told us that rather than delay the release of Mantle because of these issues it wanted to get it into the hands of gamers as soon as possible so it can get real-world feedback as it works to fix the issues. Here they are:
1. Mantle performance for the AMD Radeon HD 7000/HD 8000 Series GPUs and AMD Radeon R9 280X and R9 270X GPUs will be optimized for BattleField 4 in future AMD Catalyst releases. These products will see limited gains in BattleField 4 and AMD is currently investigating optimizations for them as they are the next highest priority products.
2. Multi-GPU support under DirectX and Mantle will be added to StarSwarm in a future application patch.
3. Intermittent stuttering or stability issues may occur when utilizing Mantle with AMD CrossFire technology in BattleField 4.
4. Notebooks based on AMD Enduro or PowerXpresstm technologies are currently not supported by Mantle in Battlefield 4.
5. Portrait mode display configurations are currently not supported under Mantle in Battlefield 4.
6. AMD Eyefinity technology is not currently supported in the StarSwarm application.
7. Disabling AMD CrossFire technology in the AMD Catalyst Control Center may cause a system hang. If you experience this, a reboot will ensure that AMD CrossFire is disabled.
It all depends on the CPU. If you have a weak/budget CPU..then the benefits are huge. If you have a good/powerful CPU...not so much.
Briefly, here are the numbers AMD has provided for Battlefield 4:
CPU: AMD A10-7700K with Radeon R9 290X - 40.9% improvement at 1080p, 40.1% improvement at 1600p.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960x with Radeon R7 260x - 2.7% improvement at 1080p, 1.4% improvement at 1600p.
It also provided numbers for the upcoming RTS demo from Oxide games named StarSwarm:
CPU: AMD A10-7700K and Radeon R9 290X - 319% improvement at 1080p, 281% improvement at 1600p.
CPU: Intel Core i7-4960X and Radeon R7 260X - 5.1% at 1080p, 16.7% at 1600p.
Its not 5:30 where I live. Who said 4: pm anyhow?
What a moron.