2 Replies Latest reply on May 18, 2015 12:32 PM by hardcoregames™

AMD Radeon R9 295X2

kingfish

Well this should have some interestig replies...liquid cooling?

The $1,499 Radeon R9 295X2 is AMD's answer to the age-old question: What do you get when you take two of the fastest GPUs on the planet, slap them on the same printed circuit board (PCB), bolt on a liquid-cooled heatsink with dual fans? The strongest GPU AMD has ever sold in this category and our Editors' Choice award for high-end, multicore graphics cards.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2458186,00.asp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag+%28PCMag.com%3A+New+Product+Reviews%29&utm_content=My+MSN

..and from the other corner

EVGA GTX Titan Black

The EVGA GTX Titan Black high-end graphics card ($1,019) is currently the highest-performing single GPU you can buy, particularly for certain scientific and high-performance computing (HPC) applications, and the price tag puts it out of contention for most gamers. There are a handful of people who will benefit from Nvidia's powerhouse, but the majority of high-end PC gamers will want to stick with the Editors' Choice Nvidia GeForce GTX 780$719.00 at Amazon.

http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2457623,00.asp?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ziffdavis%2Fpcmag+%28PCMag.com%3A+New+Product+Reviews%29&utm_content=My+MSN

• AMD Radeon R9 295X2
          black_zion
          You know what gets me? How they are able to take all the heat from 2 GPUs, and control it very well with a 120mm radiator.
            • Re: AMD Radeon R9 295X2
              hardcoregames™

Power pigs like these cards are the reason I invested heavily in fans. 140mm performance fans can move lots of air, a lot better than smaller ones.

My 300R can use older 120mm fans but I bought new fans with the chassis as I wanted to take advantage of the front grill design. I also installed fans on top to remove heat, which does wonders for the ambient temperature