7 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 2:05 AM by hardcoregames™

CPU coolers

hardcoregames™

I have disussed the options for a better CPU cooler for my Phenom however one issue keep gnawing away at me.

My RAM has heat spreaders

so will something like the Hyper 212 Evo fit OK for AMD?

• CPU coolers
          black_zion
          If you think DDR3 runs at room temperature, you don't run DDR3. With heatspreaders and in a very well ventilated (4 120mm intake, 2 120mm exhaust, 1 240mm exhaust) Antec 1200, mine runs at between 100-105°C under non gaming situations. And the last time I checked, that is significantly above "room temperature."

• CPU coolers
              Earnhardt

Owned!

• CPU coolers
                  Hardwood

Originally posted by: Earnhardt Owned!</end quote></div></p>

Come on guys, let's get real.

Get a grip! 100.5 is only a few degrees above body temperature. Pretty sure that's not an issue. :/

BZ in the next post says, " and those of us who live in areas where the summer temperature can hit triple digits, liquid cooling is a godsend.                                          "

sounds like room temperature to me.

• CPU coolers
                black_zion
                Room temperature is scientifically defined as 68-74.3°F. My ideal temperature is around 60°F (makes for cheap Winter electric bills). I'm not sure I'd like to meet the person who finds 100°F+ temperatures "comfortable".
                  • CPU coolers
                    Earnhardt

Originally posted by: black_zion  Room temperature is scientifically defined as 68-74.3°F. My ideal temperature is around 60°F (makes for cheap Winter electric bills). I'm not sure I'd like to meet the person who finds 100°F+ temperatures "comfortable".</end quote></div></p>

And those that do more than likely use A/C in there household.

• CPU coolers
                    black_zion
                    Pain in the **** to get that pic too...But everyone should have an IR thermometer, you can find Newegg's brand (Rosewill) on sale for $20. It and the P3 Kill-A-Watt are must have items.
                      • CPU coolers
                        hardcoregames™

There are thermal infrared cameras, they are expensive but they can do 640x480 at leat.

The $20 thermometer is all that 99% of people need.

I installed 2 fans on top of my 300R and it does make the box run a tad cooler.