4 Replies Latest reply on Sep 2, 2014 3:23 AM by Hardwood

A10 7700K

kingfish

I have Googled this to death....what is the recommended power supply for this CPU?

• A10 7700K
          black_zion
          If you're not going to use a discrete graphics card with it, since it's rated at 95w, I can't see a system loaded with fans and hard drives pulling even close to 250w.
            • A10 7700K
              kingfish

Originally posted by: black_zion  If you're not going to use a discrete graphics card with it, since it's rated at 95w, I can't see a system loaded with fans and hard drives pulling even close to 250w.</end quote></div></p>

No discrete card to be installed...so you think a 300-350 watt will suffice?

• A10 7700K
                  Hardwood

</p>

No discrete card to be installed...so you think a 300-350 watt will suffice?

</end quote></div>

What  happens in a year or two when you decide to include discreet graphics? For a few extra bucks a 550 or so PSU will be there waiting for the new vidcard.

• A10 7700K
                black_zion
                Yea, but I would look at PSUs up to 550w. The price difference between, say, the SeaSonic SSR-360GP 360w and the SeaSonic S12G-550 550w is only $15.