5 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2015 7:59 PM by Cornugon

Ultimate Windows 7 8 OS gaming optimization guide

Cornugon

Originally posted by: stumped   Real gamers do not play with v-sync</p>

</end quote></div>

So just because I always use v-sync since I can't stand tearing I'm not a 'real' gamer? What kind of nonsense is that?

• Ultimate Windows 7 8 OS gaming optimization guide
          kingfish

Originally posted by: Cornugon
          Originally posted by: stumped  Real gamers do not play with v-sync</p>

</end quote></div>

So just because I always use v-sync since I can't stand tearing I'm not a 'real' gamer? What kind of nonsense is that?

</end quote></div>

I do to...so I just ignored it. Don't shoot the messenger.

Cornugon

Originally posted by: stumped 
              Originally posted by: Cornugon
              Originally posted by: stumped  Real gamers do not play with v-sync</p>

</end quote></div>

</end quote></div>

I do to...so I just ignored it. Don't shoot the messenger.

</end quote></div>

Ah it's probably someone who solely plays online fps games who considers himself a pro-gamer. I indeed don't fall in this category...

But I'll check the guide tomorrow.

black_zion
              AMD is soon to release a new feature in their drivers which will dynamically adjust frequencies in order to maintain a target frame rate, so Vsync may soon be a thing of the past. As for that guide...So much garbage in it. 120hz is not better than 60hz, page files are required for some games else you will experience crashes, you should not disable background services because this is not 1995, and you can easily overclock 125w processors on 125w motherboards. And let's not mention the most ridiculous statement in the entire thing:

Most important part in your PC is Motherboard, never go cheap on it, and when you go, make sure it preforms well before you buy it.</end quote></div>

THE most important part is the PSU full stop. You can put a 295x2 on a cheapo old 760g board and it will run just fine with a good PSU. You can't run a 295x2 on a 990FX board with a 500w Apevia PSU.
                  kingfish

I just liked the part about ULPS, core parking, and unnecessary running processes...but *delete*

Cornugon

Originally posted by: black_zion  AMD is soon to release a new feature in their drivers which will dynamically adjust frequencies in order to maintain a target frame rate, so Vsync may soon be a thing of the past. As for that guide...So much garbage in it. 120hz is not better than 60hz, page files are required for some games else you will experience crashes, you should not disable background services because this is not 1995, and you can easily overclock 125w processors on 125w motherboards. And let's not mention the most ridiculous statement in the entire thing:   
                    Most important part in your PC is Motherboard, never go cheap on it, and when you go, make sure it preforms well before you buy it.</end quote></div>    THE most important part is the PSU full stop. You can put a 295x2 on a cheapo old 760g board and it will run just fine with a good PSU. You can't run a 295x2 on a 990FX board with a 500w Apevia PSU.</end quote></div></p>

I completely agree. When you don't want to use multi-GPU setups anyway you can easily cheap out on motherboards. Not too cheap though, but sub-€100 mb's can do just fine. It's often not necessary to buy an expensive over-300 bucks mainboard which only comes with extra useless features...

PSU's are a different story indeed!