cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

codejunkyard
Journeyman III

AMDTTeaPot runs in CodeXL but display is blank (Linux)

Hi All,

I can run AMDTTeaPot successfully outside of CodeXL, but when I run it inside CodeXL I get the AMDTTeaPot application window, but the display is blank (no teapot displayed).

I get the following terminal output when I run CodeXL:

QObject::connect: No such slot CpuProjectSettings::OnCssCheckedChanged(int) in obj/release/CpuProjectSettings.cpp:406

When I then run AMDTTeaPot I get this terminal output:

(AMDTTeaPot-bin:7059): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_check_menu_item_set_active: assertion `GTK_IS_CHECK_MENU_ITEM (check_menu_item)' failed

(AMDTTeaPot-bin:7059): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_check_menu_item_set_active: assertion `GTK_IS_CHECK_MENU_ITEM (check_menu_item)' failed

No problems are reported when I run AMDTTeaPot outside of CodeXL.

System:

CodeXL: V1.6.7247

Catalyst Pro 14.301.1019

Firepro W5100 installed

Any help appreciated!

0 Likes
4 Replies
talltanbarbie
Journeyman III

Hello...I'm having the same problem.  I'm using Fedora 20 KDE Scientific Linux.  Do you get an error when you start Code XL itself or just when you run the teapot demo?  Do you get a GPU not recognised error message in CodeXL when running the demo? 

0 Likes

I just get No such slot CpuProjectSettings when I start CodeXL.

The Gtk-CRITICAL output comes when I run the demo.

I don't see any GPU not recognised errors on the terminal output.

0 Likes
dorono
Staff

Hi,

The Teapot sample depends on GTK GL Ext library which is no longer supported on Red-Hat/CentOS 7 due to other missing dependencies. This dependency will be removed from Teapot in the upcoming CodeXL 1.7 release.

Can you debug/profile other apps such as glxgears?

Thanks Doron - I can run other apps fine in CodeXL including glxgears. It was just odd that the teapot app ran fine outside of CodeXL.

0 Likes