cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

boxerab
Challenger

DirectGMA from network card to FirePro

The way the broadcast industry is headed, SDI will be going away as media devices start

using Video over IP via Audio Visual Bridge technology. So, in the future, video  will come in

via 10G network card. Are there any 10G network cards that support DirectGMA ?

It would be nice to transfer data directly from the network buffers into the FirePRO GPU memory.

0 Likes
1 Solution
chm
Staff
Staff

Currently there are no network cards that I know which support DirectGMA. The way DirectGMA works it is not limited to SDI and it is possible to use this technology to exchange data with any device on the bus but it needs to be supported by the driver of e.g. the network card.

We are open to support any hardware vendor with the required information to implement support for DirectGMA. Since we expose a portion of the GPU memory and make it accessible to other devices the overhead of implementing support for DirectGMA is fairly small.

Chris

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Currently there are no network cards that I know which support DirectGMA. The way DirectGMA works it is not limited to SDI and it is possible to use this technology to exchange data with any device on the bus but it needs to be supported by the driver of e.g. the network card.

We are open to support any hardware vendor with the required information to implement support for DirectGMA. Since we expose a portion of the GPU memory and make it accessible to other devices the overhead of implementing support for DirectGMA is fairly small.

Chris

0 Likes

Thanks, Chris.  I am not a hardware vendor, but I am interested in using a Myricom 10G card with DirectGMA.

https://www.myricom.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=115&Itemid=133

Myricom has an actively supported open source linux driver, but they do not support DirectGMA. I am interested in adding

DirectGMA support in for my own project. 

How would you suggest I proceed on this?

Cheers,

Aaron

0 Likes

Hi Aaron,

I will contact you offline to follow up.

Chris

0 Likes