For the Linux Catalyst Omega driver we have had reports of a problem, which we have replicated.
Ubuntu 14.10 is not supported. It is possible to install the driver on a system using Ubuntu 14.10. If you do, you may get a black screen after rebooting.
Just be careful to install the driver only if you have a supported operating systems.
Here’s an excerpt from the release note, which is accurate.
... Catalyst™ Linux Software Suite is designed to support the following Linux distributions:
Linux Distribution Specific
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux Suite 7.0 , 6.5
· Ubuntu 12.04.4 LTS, 14.04 LTS <— note 14.10 is NOT listed
Linux RUN Installer
· Red Hat Enterprise Linux Suite 6.4
· SUSE® Linux Enterprise 11 SP3, 12
· OpenSuSE 13.1
· Ubuntu 14.04 <— note 14.10 is NOT listed
You can see the entire release note here