8 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2015 11:49 AM by omnidirectional

Open CL 2.0 Demystified - Fine Grain SVM

Check out the final blog in the series, on Fine Grain Shared Virtual Memory.

As for every blog in this series, we discuss the example code in the APP SDK completely so you get a solid understanding of how it works. The blog will point you to all the necessary resources so you can be sure you're on compatible hardware, point you to the right driver, and link you to the Beta APP SDK.

By way of summary, since this is the final installment, to familiarize you with the new features of OpenCL 2.0 we published blogs on:

1. Shared Virtual Memory
      2. Pipes
      3. Device Enqueue
      4. Generic Address Space and Program Scope Variables
      5. Image Enhancements

I hope you have found and continue to find these useful. I can look at page hits, and see that these blogs have already been visited 6,000 times. That’s just a number, I think a nice number, but still I’d rather hear from you directly.

Were these useful?  How did we do? What do you like and what you think we can do better.  Would you like to see more of the same on other technologies? Perhaps, for example, for the heterogeneous system architecture? Let me know. Your feedback guides my work.

Have fun!