The recent AMD APP SDK added new constants to cl_ext.h:
#define CL_DEVICE_GFXIP_MAJOR_AMD 0x404A
#define CL_DEVICE_GFXIP_MINOR_AMD 0x404B
I believe that they indicate the generation of GPU ISA, but I couldn't find clear documentation, so I'm asking here.
1. What is the purpose of these constants?
2. What are possible values?
3. If they denote GPU architecture, then how to detect VLIW5, VLIW4, and GCN architectures from these constants?
1. To report GFX IP. So it will be easier to detect the HW configuration instead of a list of different ASIC names.
2. The values are defined by HW for the GFX cores. It starts from 4.0 for Cypress family.
3. There is another query for that - CL_DEVICE_SIMD_INSTRUCTION_WIDTH_AMD.