cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

amhagan
Adept I

CodeXL : undefined symbol: glTextureImage2DEXT

I need to to set  LD_PRELOAD=/opt/AMD/AMD_CodeXL_Linux_x86_64_1.5.5364/spies/libGL.so.1 as an environment variable for CodeXL to start debugging my application ( If I don't my application just crashes on startup).

I get an "undefined symbol: glTextureImage2DEXT" after my application loads.

GDEBugger 581 seems to debug my application without any problems using the PRELOAD mechanism under the project settings dialog.

Is there something else I can try to get CodeXL working with my application ?

Thanks

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi amhagan,

1. How did you come about to understand that you need to set LD_PRELOAD?

1a. Is there anything about your machine's OpenGL set-up that is non-standard (e.g. is the OpenGL runtime installed somewhere else than /usr/lib64/ ) ?

2. glTextureImage2DEXT is an extension function that *is* supported by CodeXL (and was supported by gDEBugger 5.8.1) - so it shouldn't be missing from the CodeXL OpenGL server. Please generate CodeXL debug logs for this issue:

2a. Inside CodeXL, under Tools > Options selected "EXTENSIVE" in the "Log Level" combo box.

2b. Recreate the problem in the application.

2c. Restore the log level to "INFO"

2d. There should be two files in /tmp/ : CodeXL-<username>.log and CodeXLServer-<username>.log. Please reply with both of them attached.

Thanks,

0 Likes

Can I send you my log files? Its for a proprietary project, and I would prefer not to have them posted in the forums.

Thanks

0 Likes

Hi amhagan,

You can send the files to this email address: gputools.support@amd.com

0 Likes