Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

yurtesen
Miniboss

Buying an AMD Puma architecture laptop/notebook with 11.6" - 14" screen size

Hello,

I am trying to find a laptop which has about 11.6" - 14" laptop with HD+ or FHD resolution (HD could be acceptable at 11.6") which has AMD beema/mullins processors. Preferably with 8+GB RAM and SSD drive with 50W/h or larger battery.

I found out that Lenovo Yoga 2 series are perfect fit but they do not have AMD versions

Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro Multimode Ultrabook | Multimode Laptops & Ultrabooks | Lenovo US

Also Samsung ATIV 9+ seem to provide good specs

Samsung ATIV Book 9 Plus - Superior performance in craftmanship design legacy

Do you now any company or product which uses AMD processors and has similar specs to Lenovo Yoga 2 ? or Do I have to buy an Intel processor based machine?

Thanks,

Evren

0 Likes
1 Solution
jtrudeau
Staff

This is a software developer forum, but.... maybe someone has some insight.

I found this link which you may find useful: AMD APUs for Laptops. Click Shop for a Laptop and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
jtrudeau
Staff

This is a software developer forum, but.... maybe someone has some insight.

I found this link which you may find useful: AMD APUs for Laptops. Click Shop for a Laptop and hopefully you'll find what you're looking for.

0 Likes
yurtesen
Miniboss

Ah yes, I forgot about the other forum, sorry but I will reply here anyway...
In the end, I couldn't find a laptop with AMD processors which is portable enough with reasonable resolution.

There are no products using mullins chips. There are almost no notebooks/laptops smaller than 15" size which uses beema.

Not to mention many have HD displays with 1366 x 768 resolution. (come on the PPI is ridiculously low when the display size is 15"+!)

AMD must force manufacturers to produce better products, this is not good for the image of AMD at all...

0 Likes