cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

hwli
Journeyman III

APP SDK 2.9.1 samples crash under Ubuntu 14.04

Not sure if anyone bumped into the same problem as me.

A fresh installation of Ubuntu 14.04, Catalyst Driver 2014/09/29 and the latest APP SDK 2.9.1. All samples crash at the clGetPlatformInfo(). After some searching, I found the problem is Ubuntu has a native libOpenCL.so at /usr/lib/libOpenCL.so. The samples are mistakenly linked to that .so which doesn't work later. After renaming that .so to something else and rebuild the samples, everything works fine now.

P.S., if one saw OPENCL_LIBRARIES not found in the execution of CMAKE, edit the CMAKELists.txt and change a few lines to

# Set platform

if( NOT UNIX )

set(PLATFORM win)

else()

set(PLATFORM lnx)

SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_PREFIXES "lib")

SET(CMAKE_FIND_LIBRARY_SUFFIXES ".so" ".a" ".so.1")

endif()

find_library( OPENCL_LIBRARIES

NAMES OpenCL

HINTS ../../../../lib/ $ENV{AMDAPPSDKROOT}/lib/${BITNESS_SUFFIX}

#       PATH_SUFFIXES ${PLATFORM}${BITNESS} ${BITNESS_SUFFIX}

)

A sample CMakeLists.txt are attached.

0 Likes
1 Reply
dipak
Big Boss

Hi,

Thanks for reporting this.

There are two mode of Catalyst installation: 1) Install Driver <Os version> on X.org 6.9 or later  and 2) Generate Distribution Specific Driver Package (Default). I guess, you've tried with option 1. During Catalyst installation, please select the other mode of installation and then try to build and run the samples. If still face the same problem, please let us know.

Note: The current SDK installer creates a symbolic link that depends on this specific mode of Catalyst installation. This is a known bug and to be solved in next installer package.

0 Likes