AnsweredAssumed Answered

Unable to debug kernel on Ubuntu 13.10/CodeXL 1.5

Question asked by muogoro on Sep 23, 2014
Latest reply on Sep 24, 2014 by urishomroni

GPU debugging, i.e. stepping into kernels, does not work on Ubuntu 13.10/CodeXL 1.5 (see the screenshot above). Here my setup:

- Ubuntu 13.10 x86_64;

- GPU AMD R9 280X;

- graphics drivers 14.4 installed using the official installer;

- CodeXL 1.5 installed using the .deb package.

Screenshot from 2014-09-23 18:04:17.png

I've tried different icd loaders, dinamically linking the corresponding libOpenCL.so:

- using the icd loader provided by the AMD drivers or by the AMD APP SDK (v2.9.1) the OpenCL breakpoints are totally ignored, that is the execution continues without stopping on breakpoints;

- using the ocl-icd provided by the official Ubuntu repositories (https://forge.imag.fr/projects/ocl-icd/) the execution stops on breakpoints, but the debugger is not able to skip into kernels and an error windows with the previously shown error is opened. The following message gets also shown twice on the standard output:

/home/daniele/ieiit/workspace/hand_pose_recognition/branches/new_rf_optimized/random_forests/build/test_tree_trainer: /opt/AMD/CodeXL_1.5-5364/spies/libOpenCL.so.1: no version information available (required by /home/daniele/ieiit/workspace/hand_pose_recognition/branches/new_rf_optimized/random_forests/build/test_tree_trainer)

You can find the CodeXL log files attached.

Thanks for your help,

Daniele

Outcomes