cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

yan_qingsong
Adept I

warning,version 410 is not yet complete

I had code a vertexshader. Then I use it on an AMD card,but it didn't work. I can't find what's wrong with the vertexshader. So I run it on a NVIDIA card and it work well.

Then I compile it through the reference compiler.The result shows that "warning,version 410 is not yet complete;most version-specific features are present, but some are missing."

I know that AMD is rather rigidly following the GLSL's specification and nVidia is bit more relaxed. So it can work on a nVidia card.

I just want to know how to solve this warning.

0 Likes
1 Solution

That's just the reference compiler informing you that not all language features of ver 410+ are available for validation. It will try and check what it knows about, only. You'll get the same warning on NVidia and Intel cards as well.

The shader issue you are having on AMD is real (see the clip distance thread on the forum for more details), but the warning is nothing to worry about. I'm using it with 430 and 440 shaders.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

Hi,

Could you post your shader code if possible? If not, I'm just guessing that maybe your shader is using code newer than shader version 410. Try increasing the shader version number in your shader and see if that helps.

Thanks,

Tony.

0 Likes

Hi Tony,

Even if I use a very simple vertex shader, it still show that "warning,version 410 is not yet complete;most version-specific features are present, but some are missing."

Such as the following vertex shader:

#version 410

uniform mat4 mvpMatrix;

in vec4 vVertex;

void main(void)

{

gl_ClipDistance[0]=-1.0;

gl_Position = mvpMatrix * vVertex;

}

But when I change the version to 140 or 130, the warning is gone. And when I change the version to 120 or 110,it shows that the version don't support gl_ClipDistance.

In my shader, I used variable array that the version 140 don't support, so I have to use newer version.

0 Likes

That's just the reference compiler informing you that not all language features of ver 410+ are available for validation. It will try and check what it knows about, only. You'll get the same warning on NVidia and Intel cards as well.

The shader issue you are having on AMD is real (see the clip distance thread on the forum for more details), but the warning is nothing to worry about. I'm using it with 430 and 440 shaders.

0 Likes