AnsweredAssumed Answered

OpenGL Texture in OpenCL not showing

Question asked by kjo on Jul 1, 2014
Latest reply on Jun 10, 2015 by dipak

Hey Guys,

I am working on my thesis and i am programming a ray tracer in OpenCL. Well it is already finished, but i have to analyse it, how it is working on different GPUs.

The Problem is now that on my AMD/ATI HD 5650 Mobility on my Laptop and on an Nvidia GTX 660ti and on an GTX 560SE my the Program is working fine.

But on the AMD HD 7950 and HD 6850 the program starts but it doesnt show me any results. What i mean there is no Picture displayed.

I don't know why it is working on my ATI HD 5650 Mobility, because when i started the thesis my knowledge in Ubuntu (I am working on Ubuntu OS), Qt  OpenGL and OpenCL where very small.

So maybe some packages are missing, but the funny thing is that it works with the packages i know, which to install, on the Computers with Nvidia GPUs.

I will explain a little how my program works. My OpenCL Kernel is Ray Tracing a Scene and each Result of a Pixel is put on an OpenGL Texture, which i am displaying with Shaders.

In the Shaders there isn't much into it, it just shows the texture on the screen. Well thats all.

I added some screenshots of the program, so you guys can see what my problem is. One screenshot is, how it should look like and the other two showing how it shouldn't look like.

I hope you guys know what my problem is.

Here are some specs from the computers

Laptop (Where it works):

OS Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

HD 5650 1GB Mobility

4 GB RAM

Computer A (Where it works)

OS Ubuntu 14.04 LTS

GTX 660ti 3GB

16 GB RAM

Computer B (Where it works)

OS Ubuntu 12.04 LTS

GTX 560SE 1GB