cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nercis
Journeyman III

GPU Driver gives me BSOD. Help!

Hello. I just want to be clear on a few things. And sorry for my English and sorry for the novel below.

First, Im not a tech head, im more technologically handicapped but I'm also not totally oblivious when it comes to computers.

I use the auto detect manager (let's call it ADM for now, cus i don't remember the actual name for it) from the AMD website.

The ADM tells me that i want to download Radeon R9 2XX series drivers. Is that actually correct? Cus I have a Radeon HD 7950 graphic card.

So ignored it and instead I downloaded 14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe .

So what happened was that i started the installation and the installation was finished, no reboot message or anything. So now i move on to the 14.6 Beta driver, Installation starts and a window pops up saying something like,

Advanced Micro Device update something, click "OK" or "CANCEL" I click OK. It maybe was an admin message from my PC, I'm not sure. After I click OK the screen turns black and then blue screen. My PC reboots and now my PC can't find my GPU. And i get Blue Screen every 15-20 minutes.

Now I update everything i can update with Windows Updater and I uninstall all the drivers using the AMD Catalyst and reinstalled the 14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe and i ignore the 14.6 Beta drivers and don't install it.

Still getting Blue Screen. But now it is not every 15 minutes. And it seems that i only get Blue Screen when my PC is in "idle mode" or it might be just random. And there doesn't seems to be any problems when I play games. Not yet anyway.

After that I used a third party driver remover called Display Driver Uninstaller. Uninstalled the drivers with that and reinstalled the 14-4-win7-win8-win8.1-64-dd-ccc-whql.exe again.

And I still get Blue Screen.

I just wanted to make things a bit more clear before i do anything more and explain my confusion about the Radeon R9 2XX series drivers and that i have an Radeon HD 7950.

Please respond and help me. This is a new PC and i have spent over 2000 dollars on it and i don't want to spend another 2000.

My PC:

Win 7 64bit

Motherboard MSI Z77 MPower (MS-7751)

i5-3570K 3.40

8GB RAM Kingston HyperX

Radeon 7950

/Matthe

0 Likes
0 Replies