Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Basic Feedback on web content related to OpenCL

Hi AMD,

1. This one is a request for "jive". I do not seem to find a way to create a new discussion while I am reading some forum topic. I am forced to go the home page of OpenCL category, and then start a new discussion. I think it is quite common that people are intrigued by new questions while reading some forum topic. It will be more user-friendly if you can provide a direct way to start a new discussion.

2. Another issues is related to linux drivers:

Here is the content from Download Drivers. Simple questions here:

a) Linux drivers have a single link for 32-bit and 64-bit drivers but windows has separate links. Any explanation?

b) Last two links are for beta drivers, but beta drivers anyways  showup when you select the stable driver links too. Why this confusion then?

c) Mobility radeon drivers do not seem to be available for linux. Does AMD mean, I am not allowed to work in linux on my laptop?

Automatically Detect and Install

Latest AMD Catalyst™ Drivers for Radeon™ R9 200, R7 200, HD 7000, HD 6000 and HD 5000 Series

AMD Mobility Radeon™ Notebook Drivers

Report Issues With the Latest Driver Release

0 Likes
2 Replies
nou
Exemplar

1. true it is cumbersome way to start new discussion

a) installer is universal for Linux.

b) the beta page contain additional information. link to them from stable version page is convenient.

c) normal linux driver should work with mobility graphics too. even on windows separation of mobility and desktop drivers are quite artificial.

0 Likes

Thanks Himanshu and Nou.

Reg. your first question: Yes, a way to start a new discussion while on an existing one seems useful. Let me investigate this.

0 Likes