4 Replies Latest reply on Jan 29, 2014 11:51 AM by rkilci

Performance examples

rkilci

Hi,

I have installed ACML4.4.0 to my Ubuntu 12.04 computer. When trying to run the performance examples, there is an error which is here:

./plot_one.sh time_dgetrf.res

/bin/sh: 3: ./plot_one.sh: not found

make: *** [time_dgetrf.res] Error 127

Also, the version of the gfortran compiler is 4.6.3. I don't know if it is a version conflict.. Can anyone help me to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance

• Re: Performance examples
          timmy.liu

Hi rkilci,

Looks like you are missing the file plot_one.sh. I just installed acml-4-4-0-gfortran-64bit from

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/cpu-development/amd-core-math-library-acml/acml-archive-downloads/

And I was able to run the performance examples. Which of the acml4.4.0 did you install?

Thanks,

Timmy

• Re: Re: Performance examples
              rkilci

Hi Timmy,

Actually, I have this on the list, but it still gives this error. Here is the list under /opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/examples/performance:

Screenshot of list.jpg
              The version is acml-4-4-0-gfortran-64bit.tgz (no int64). When I try to compile with gfortran it gives the error below:

gfortran -o time_dgetrf.f90 -L/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib/ -lacml

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open output file time_dgetrf.f90: Permission denied
              collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Thanks,

Reyhane

timmy.liu

Hi Reyhane,

I think you need to be the super user in order to access the files. Try adding "sudo" before your command.

Or if you type "sudo make" inside the performance dir you should be able to see the performance results.

Thanks,

Timmy

rkilci

Hi Timmy,

Thanks for the prompt response! Actually, right now it replies to "make" as "Nothing to be done for "all"". Does it mean that there is no change in the files and folders?

Also when I tried "sudo gfortran..." it responds as below:

/usr/bin/ld: warning: libacml_mv.so, needed by /opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so, not found (try using -rpath or -rpath-link)

/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_expf_'

/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so: undefined reference to `vrda_exp_'

/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_sincosf_'

/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so: undefined reference to `vrda_sincos_'

/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so: undefined reference to `vrsa_logf_'

/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so: undefined reference to `vrda_log_'

/opt/acml4.4.0/gfortran64/lib//libacml.so: undefined reference to `vrda_scaled_logr_'

collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Thank you,

Reyhane