Recently I moved my codebase back to my FX+HD7950 workstation. During a rework, I've moved some engine functionality into glNamedStringARB, and after observing my app crashing in a horrible death, debugged it to find out that GLEW cannot resolve this function, i.e. it's NULL on the AMD workstation.
A manual insertion of
glNamedStringARB = (PFNGLNAMEDSTRINGARBPROC)wglGetProcAddress("glNamedStringARB");
didn't help either, still NULL.
I'm using Catalyst 13.11 Beta 8 (the latest and hopefully greatest), and was wondering if there's a known issue regarding support of this function in this API version before digging into this issue further.
Thanks for your time
Seems like the necessary OpenGL extension ARB_shading_language_include isn't supported by Catalyst.