Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

zdjiang
Adept I

AMD FirePro D.O.P.P API - Where to Find Detailed Document

Dear Friends,

I want to develop applications of post-processing the content of framebuffer  before it is presented.  The manual of FirePro card, such as W9000, lists one feature 'D.O.P.P' which is my desire for.

I searched development tools of AMD (ADL, FirePro SDK, and so on), but I did not find any document of DOPP API.  I also googled the web, no detailed information, too.

Could you please tell me where can I download the detailed document of DOPP api and its demo/sample code?

7 Replies
chm
Staff
Staff

Hi,

we will post a new version of the FirePro SDK before end of November. This one will include sample code for DOPP. Basically DOPP is an OpenGL extension which allows you to get access to the desktop texture. You will get a regular OpenGL texture name (wglGetDesktopTextureAMD) that you can use for processing. You will also have the possibility to submit a present texture (wglPresentTextureToVideoAMD) which then will replace the actual desktop texture of the OS. This way you can process the desktop and present your modified texture.

Chris

thank you very much!

zhongding

发自我的 iPhone

在 2013-11-7,1:07,chm <developer.forums@amd.com> 写道:

AMD Developer Forums

AMD FirePro D.O.P.P API - Where to Find Detailed Document

in FirePro Development

Hi,

we will post a new version of the FirePro SDK before end of November. This one will include sample code for DOPP. Basically DOPP is an OpenGL extension which allows you to get access to the desktop texture. You will get a regular OpenGL texture name (wglGetDesktopTextureAMD) that you can use for processing. You will also have the possibility to submit a present texture (wglPresentTextureToVideoAMD) which then will replace the actual desktop texture of the OS. This way you can process the desktop and present your modified texture.

Chris

Reply to this message by replying to this email -or- go to the message on AMD Developer Forums

SHARE THE LOVE! Help other developers by marking replies to your questions as Helpful or Correct. If you are the original question asker, you can mark replies as Helpful or Correct by:

Go to the message on AMD Developer Forums (you’ll need to log in).

Click on either the Helpful Answer button or the Correct Answer button.

Pat yourself on the back! You’ve helped others who have the same question as you by telling them which replies are helpful and correct.

0 Likes

Hi, will you post the new version of FirePro SDK in Dec? I am waiting for its new DOPP feature.

Thank you!

Zhongding

0 Likes

Hi,

we did not yet post the SDK since we need to wait for the 13.25 driver which will support all functions of DOPP. To get you started with DOPP you can have a look at the attached document and sample code.

We will try to post a beta driver on our web page soon. If you have a direct contact at AMD you could check with him to get a beta build.

Chris

I've also downloaded the DOPPEngine demo and successfully compiled. I can run the demo, but after I select any of the DOPP effects and click start, nothing happens. I am using Firepro W600. Does the DOPPEngine require a specific Firepro graphic card?

I am using the latest drivers, version 13.251.1

0 Likes

Two things regarding DOPP:

1: DOPP is not enabled per default in current driver builds. You can enable it using the attached tool. Please run it as administrator and reboot.

2: The W600 is not yet supported. You will need a W5000 or higher to run DOPP.

Chris

0 Likes
aldero
Journeyman III

So I have been reading the post in this forum about firepro and I start to be fairly disappointed with the acquisition of our AMD W600.

AMD itself announced a LONG time ago support for edge blending and projector overlapping. See here for example. I keep reading everywhere: "yes the support for edge blending will be available later this year". Two years after the launch of the graphic card there is no official release of dopp, it is just unofficially supported and there is no documentation. I've been struggling to put the pieces together and make it work.

I don't want to blame the developers. I don't know how is the situation in AMD but if you don't have the resources to develop a feature then DO NOT advertise it and mislead the customers.

We bought the W600 only to create a projection wall and now I'm not completely sure if it is going to work. I started wondering if there is a fundamental bug in the hardware that does't let AMD finish the implementation of DOPP.

However, thank you for posting the code. Without it I would have to trow my W600 in the trash bin.

0 Likes