3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 3, 2013 1:08 AM by leonmaxx

Graphics and desktop corruption when playing Dota 2.

leonmaxx

I have graphics and desktop corruption when playing Dota 2 under Linux with Catalyst 13.8 beta's and just released Catalyst 13.10 beta2.

Also since Catalyst 13.6 beta (13.6 beta and all releases after it) "Tear Free desktop" causes all graphics programs to run with 30 FPS limit (60 FPS in Catalyst 13.4 with Tear Free).

My system information:

AMD FX-8350

ASUS M5A99X

AMD Memory 16 GB DDR3-1866

AMD Radeon HD 6930 2 Gb GDDR5

Ubuntu 12.04.3 LTS x86-64 (Linux 3.8.0-31 kernel) with Unity

• Re: Graphics and desktop corruption when playing Dota 2.
          pboudier

we just fixed the issue with 1/2 frame rate when "tear free desktop is enabled" internally;

the fix should come out as soon it reaches a public release.

another issue with dota 2 would appear if you enabled "force AA" in our control panel;

if that was your issue, you need to disable this option and use in game AA instead

regards,

Pierre B.

1 of 1 people found this helpful
            • Re: Graphics and desktop corruption when playing Dota 2.
              leonmaxx

Thanks for your reply Pierre.

> another issue with dota 2 would appear if you enabled "force AA" in our control panel;

> if that was your issue, you need to disable this option and use in game AA instead

I'll check if this option is enabled, but i think i did'nt used it, the only option i use in CCCle is TearFree desktop.

Also, i play Dota 2 in windowed mode, corruption appears not only on in-game graphics, but on desktop too.

Also i'll check other games for corruptions, Serious Sam 3 and Team Fortress.

If You need more information, just ask, i'll be glad to help You resolving this issue.

Regards, Leon.