I am wondering why voxel cone tracing demo is too slow on HD7900 with AMD's openGL 4.3 driver.
I have tried following voxel cone tracing demo.
Running speed is less than 1fps. I feel this is too slow comparing with nVIDIA GPU.
How can I get more FPS?
1) When I change voxel size from 256x256x256 to 16x16x16, fps incresed to 2.
2) According to geeks3D.com, even nvidia old card is faster.
- GTX 680: 30fps
3) My environment is
- HD7900 with 3GB video memory / PCIexpress 2.0x16
- windows 7 64bit
- core i7 firstname.lastname@example.orgGHz
- system memory 24GB
- I have installed following driver. I have tried beta1 and beta2, both result is the same.
Thank you in advance.