cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

soylentgraham
Adept II

Opencl code crashes KernelAnalyzer2 (doesn't crash compiler)

Attached relevent opencl code...

I just added the kernel CompareHsl and added GetHslHslDifference to common.cl, now if I Build pixels.cl, KA2 crashes (not a caught-exception)

I can compile and run the kernel in code with no problems though, so just a bug for KA2.

I think it's my changes to common.cl as all my other opencl code is crashing now (were compiling okay with beta 13.8 drivers before..)

Using 13.8 beta drivers on a radeon 5670 and windows 7 64bit.

0 Likes
3 Replies
kraymer
Journeyman III

I just want to say that I've also seen cases where the editor crashes in cases, where the actual kernel code compiled and ran successfully.

One case where this happens was a change in the for loop condition, I had replaced a "row < some_counter" by "row < 2" (or another scalar value).

0 Likes

I compiled pixels.cl on KA2 ver 2.1.855 with catalyst 13.8  and didn't get any crash.

Can you please give more details such as target ASIC, special compilation keys you are using etc.

0 Likes

For me, no compilation arguments (I assume that's what you mean by keys).

As stated it compiles and runs okay in my app (Like Kraymer says, most of the time a crash in KA2 for me means it compiled okay, I have many many more examples where the code compiles fine, but crashes KA2)

Target is... all of them.

I'm using a Radeon 5670. KA2 version is 2.1.880

Let me know if I can be any more help

0 Likes