6 Replies Latest reply on Jun 17, 2014 4:24 AM by pinform

VS 2008 breakpoint when linking against both OpenCL and boost x64 libs

firespot

Hello,

When using both OpenCL (AMD APP SDK 2.8 for development) and binary boost libraries (here for example the threads library, boost 1.50). in the same program, compiled in x64 mode and run in VS 2008, on program start-up I receive the following VS message:

"Windows has triggered a breakpoint in program.exe. This may be due to a corruption of the heap, which indicates a bug in program.exe or any of the DLLs it has loaded".

I don't receive this error when just linking to either the OpenCL or boost libraries alone (i.e., only if used in combination it appears). I don't receive the error for x86 compilations. The dlls loaded are the same. Besides this VS message the program itself appears to run perfectly fine. If the program is run outside VS, of course no message appears.

Any experience or ideas? Are there some compiler options that the AMD APP enforces on compilation of external libraries due to the ABI? Is that more likely a VS issue, or the hint for something more severe going on under the hood without having shown severe symptoms yet?

Is there an AMD x64 sample project which does use (link against) a boost library component?

Thanks!