5 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2013 5:12 PM by jwadden

Linux - 7790 memory clock doesn't rise up

madam

I have installed AMD Radeon™ HD7790 Catalyst™ Performance Driver for Linux x86_64.

What I have found is aticonfig works a bit different way than it used to and I can't find any guide.

aticonfig --odsc x,y

used to set core clock and memory value. This time it ask for following values:

<NewCoreClock>,<NewMemoryClock>,<PowerState>,<Performance Level>

Unfortunately --lsp or --list-powerstates refused to work, --set-powerstate as well.

What is the value range for <PowerState>,<Performance Level>?

I've also noticed dynamic management of core and memory frequency work separately.

I need to set RAM frequency to a fixed value for some development.

How can I do this?

EDIT: I decided to move my post here as the issue is basically related to OpenCL.

Heavy memory usage algorithm is supposed to be in use, but memory core remains in the idle (150 MHz).

That is supposed to hit the performance of 7790 and 7770 cards below their 5xxx series counterparts in this particular situation.

To make sure I need to set up the memory clock of 7790 up to the peak value, but aticonfig refused cooperation.

aticonfig --help seems to be outdated as all I can find in there regards the situation we had before:

--odsc, --od-setclocks={NewCoreClock|0,NewMemoryClock|0}

Sets the core and memory clock to the values specified in MHz

The new clock values must be within the theoretical ranges provided

by --od-getclocks.  If a 0 is passed as either the NewCoreClock or

NewMemoryClock it will retain the previous value and not be changed.

There is no guarantee that the attempted clock values will succeed

even if they lay inside the theoretical range.  These newly set

clock values will revert to the default values if they are not

committed using the "--od-commitclocks" command before X is

restarted

but unfortunately it doesn't work any more.

Message was edited by: Marcin Adam