AnsweredAssumed Answered

Opencl Causes display driver to crash

Question asked by emarko on Apr 20, 2013
Latest reply on Apr 29, 2013 by himanshu.gautam

Hello, I'm having a very difficult time getting opencl to function with my 6950.  I have tried it in two different computers and any time opencl is used the driver stops responding and recovers.  Currently I have it installed in a computer with a clean install of Win 7 pro.  I have tried catalyst 12.1, 12.8, 12.8, 13.1 and 13.3 beta drivers with the same results.  I have also tried all versions of sdk.

For example I have tried to run Folding at Home as soon as it tries to access the gpu with opencl the driver crashes.  I have also tried disabling TrDelay in the registry and the only result was that it locked up my system.  Is there something I'm missing?

If anybody has any ideas I would welcome the help!

-update

I uninstalled amd catalyst using the control panel.  I then used the atiman uninstall tool to delete any traces that were left over.  I rebooted then I installed Catalyst  12.10 and SDK 2.8 which according to amd's website are tested to be able to function together.  I'm still having Opencl cause the display driver to stop responding and recover. In the event log it states that amdkmdap has stopped responding and has successfully recovered.  I'm starting to think that this may be a hardware issue with the video card, but the card functions properly while using it for gaming or other tasks.

Outcomes