3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 26, 2013 9:11 AM by chipf

Where can I find the source for ACML?

keith_ray

Unfortunately, I have some software which is very particular about what compilers are used and what version and that means that I need to use the same compilers and versions on ACML, not just the pre-compiled ACML using more recent compilers.  Is the source available so I can compile ACML with my required compilers?

Thanks

• Re: Where can I find the source for ACML?
          chipf

AMD does not provide source for ACML.

keith_ray

Is it possible to get it compiled with particular versions of compilers?  That would be very helpful!  To get an idea of why, here's a website detailing one person's efforts to get VASP (the Vienna Ab Initio Software Package) compiled.  http://www.nsc.liu.se/~pla/vaspstatus/

This software is widely used in a particular field of physics and many people base their computer cluster purchases on which architecture will work best.  In fact, my research group just switched to AMD with our new cluster and I didn't think having the ACML libraries work with a particular version of gcc or ifort would be a problem.

chipf

It seems that the main problem is that VASP won't compile with GCC4.7, so I guess you are looking for ACML compiled with 4.6?  We do have a previous version compiled with 4.6.0,  which was ACML 5.1.0, and you can find this on the archive download page.

However I think you should be able to use the most recent ACML, even using an older GCC.

For instance I used GCC 4.6.0 to build and run all of the ACML 5.3.0 examples, even though 5.3.0 was compiled with GCC 4.7.1.

We don't have a VASP license, so we can't try building it here, at least right now.