AnsweredAssumed Answered

Problem in accessing the ACML library using Intel Fortran Compiler

Question asked by lsloneil on Mar 9, 2013
Latest reply on Mar 11, 2013 by chipf

I'm compiling my C++ code that is using ACML and I'm accessing ACML on a linux machine with Intel Fortran compiler. My makefile is like this:

INCL    =   -I/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.6/include -I/share/apps/acml/ifort64_mp_int64/include\

-I/share/apps/intel/composer_xe_2013.2.146/compiler/include/intel64

LIB     =   -L/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-redhat-linux/4.4.6  -L/share/apps/acml/ifort64_mp_int64/lib -L/share/apps/intel/composer_xe_2013.2.146/compiler/lib/intel64

CFLAGS = -O3 -ffast-math -fopenmp -funroll-loops -fstrict-aliasing -D__LOWMEM -D__ACML  -lacml_mp

CC      = /usr/bin/gcc

LIBS =  -lstdc++ -lm

The final program was complied using

$(CC)   $(CFLAGS) $(PB_OBJS) $(LIB) $(LIBS) -o runpb $(LINK)

And for each object (PB_OBJS) the final program depends on, it was also compiled with

$(CC) $(CFLAGS) $(INCL) -c

The compilation process goes smoothly. However, when I try to run the program 'runpb', the error message shows:

error while loading shared libraries: libacml_mp.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Apparently the library file 'libacml_mp.so' is already in the path (red) I specified in the LIB macro, and I've also added /share/apps/acml/ifort64_mp_int64/lib to my LD_LIBRARY_PATH. So I don't quite understand why there can be such kind of problem. Could any one help me with this issue? Thanks a lot.

Outcomes