3 Replies Latest reply on Apr 2, 2013 4:44 PM by nou

Anomaly Warzone Earth

nou

After intro and loading screen I end up with black screen with mouse cursor. I can still login via ssh. Restart of Xserver does't help and screen is still black and must restart. Last 13.2 drivers on radeon 5850 ubuntu 12.04

• Re: Anomaly Warzone Earth
          melongex

Same Problem with radeon 4850 with current legacy drivers.

Intro + loading Screen Works, then I only See The mouse Cursor on a black screen (mouse still works Fine though)

nou

Latest game update fixed this issue.

nou

This wrote one of the developer of the game.

Our shader system generates multiple shader variations by enabling/disabling certain parts of uber shader with preprocessor macros injected into shader code. All of them share the same uniform array of parameters, which looks like this:uniform vec4 params[6]Not all however make use of all array entries. In fact one of them uses just the first entry -param[]. When this shader is compiled and our code queries the size of the array GL returns 6, which is correct. When the code however assigns a 6 vector array to the uniform it results in the hang up. The workaround for this problem is to limit the size of the params array to remove the unused entries at the end and stop the code assigning value to them. This made the trick.

so there is only workaround.