2 Replies Latest reply on Feb 10, 2013 3:31 PM by mrolle

Copy Selection to Buffer and Export Data to File don't work

mrolle

I'm running CA v 3.8 on Windows 7 x64.

When I choose Copy Selection to Buffer, CodeAnalyst immediately exits.

I had no problem with this until just now.  I had v 3.7, and then installed v 3.8, but same problem in both cases.

With CA v 3.8, I also tried Export Data to File.  I got a dialog box, I typed in a file name and clicked on Save, but the file did not appear.

Anyone have any experience with this?  Is there some option that needs to be set?  Any way to diagnose what happened?

Thanks for answers.  I really need this feature.

• Re: Copy Selection to Buffer and Export Data to File don't work
          kalyanpk

Hi,

we have *not* seen this issue earlier.

can you please try removing or renaming the "CodeAnalyst" folder present at the following location:

"C:\Users\<current user>\AppData\Roaming\AMD\CodeAnalyst" and try again?

Sometimes, reboot the system also helps.

Thanks,

Kalyan P

• Re: Copy Selection to Buffer and Export Data to File don't work
              mrolle

Actually, your suggestions did not clear the problem, but I took things a bit farther and that worked.

Renaming the CodeAnalyst folder and rebooting the system did not help.

I uninstalled CodeAnalyst completely, then installed it again.  This still did not help.

Then I shut down my system and started it up again, as opposed to doing a Restart.

I don't know if the cold start made a difference, or if a warm restart would have also worked.  However, the Copy selection to buffer now works.