AnsweredAssumed Answered

OpenCL SDK not working after reformat.

Question asked by reggyj on Jan 27, 2013
Latest reply on Jan 30, 2013 by himanshu.gautam

Hi, I could really use some help.

The error:

The error I get is at runtime and it is:

"Unhandled exception at 0x00000000 in opencl.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation."

It seems to happen when I run any OpenCL code at all. But specifically, I'm trying to run:

cl::vector< cl::Platform > platformList;

cl::Platform::get(&platformList);

More Info:

I had a project up and working fine on my computer, but unfortunately I need to reformat my computer. After getting everything configured on my clean install, however, my OpenCL project no longer works at all. I've tried other non-open cl projects recovered from before the wipe and they run fine. I have updated my graphics drivers and tried a clean wipe of my drivers and re-installing them but had no luck.

I now get a runtime error when running basic example code.

I followed this guide for uninstalled my drivers so I could try re-installing them:

http://www.brightsideofnews.com/news/2012/4/4/guide-how-to-completely-uninstall-amd-graphics-drivers.aspx?pageid=0

After reinstalling my drivers I was told the SDK installed fine, but that the SDK samples did not, but it give any further information. I tried installing again, and got the same problem.

Technical Specs:

Windows 7 64 bit

ATI Radeon HD5850

Visual Studio 2010 Professional

I've been using the 13-1 drivers.

I could really use some help with this. I cannot get it to work. If there's any more information I should add let me know. Thanks in advance.

Outcomes