cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nou
Exemplar

Is 2.8 APP SDK really 2.8?

So I installed APP SDK 2.8 for Windows. But it report version of SDK 1016.4 which is version that I can found in Linux catalyst 12.10. But Linux APP SDK report 1113.2. But more importantly on Linux 2.8 brings increase in maximum 2D image size from 8192 to 16386. On Windows it still report 8192. So it leave me with question if I Windows APP SDK installer contain proper version of OpenCL runtime.

0 Likes
1 Solution
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi nou,

The number "1016.4" does not represent the version of AMD APP SDK, but of the OpenCL runtime. This runtime version can be different for windows and linux. AFAIK OpenCL runtime is shipped with both catalyst driver and AMD APP SDK.

In order to check the version of AMD APP SDK installed on your system, run any sample(say bitonic sort) with "-v" option. It will print the SDK version.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
heman
Adept II

I guess you are quoting these numbers from clinfo. Can you please attach the clinfo output itself.

0 Likes
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

Hi nou,

The number "1016.4" does not represent the version of AMD APP SDK, but of the OpenCL runtime. This runtime version can be different for windows and linux. AFAIK OpenCL runtime is shipped with both catalyst driver and AMD APP SDK.

In order to check the version of AMD APP SDK installed on your system, run any sample(say bitonic sort) with "-v" option. It will print the SDK version.

0 Likes

BitonicSort.exe -v return AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8 (1.1) What is really bother me is max image size which is still 8192.

EDIT: it was in drivers. update to catalyst 12.11 beta 11 and now it report 16386 as max image size.

0 Likes

Nou,

Thanks for sharing that. So clinfo seems to be reporting sanely with the latest driver.

0 Likes