1 Reply Latest reply on Dec 14, 2012 6:03 PM by lord_avallon

FirePro M7740 Steam/Team Fortress 2 Compatibility

imrazor

Like many other legacy hardware users, I am receiving this error when attempting to run Team Fortress 2 with Steam under Ubuntu 12.04 32-bit:

I am working on a Dell Precision 6400 laptop, with an AMD FirePro M7740 with Ubuntu 12.04 installed. The drivers used are not the 12.06 drivers, but the ones shipped with Ubuntu 12.04 (see below for version number.) Like the other users who have received an OpenGL error from TF2, my GPU is based on legacy hardware (equivalent to a Mobility Radeon 4860.) Luckily, my adapter still has current Windows drivers, but FirePro M7740 drivers for Linux do not seem to be available for download from AMD's website. I did find a hack (unfortunately I no longer have it) that let me install the standard 12.06 legacy drivers, but then ended up with a "Unsupported Hardware" watermark in the lower left hand corner of my screen - very annoying.

Please provide drivers for Linux for this adapter, or simply extend an updated legacy driver to include my GPU.

• FirePro M7740 Steam/Team Fortress 2 Compatibility
          lord_avallon

Unfortunately I am having the same annoying problem,

I have a Radeon HD 4290 (onboard) and I could run TF 2 just

fine on Windows, but I can´t do it on Ubuntu. I installed the

driver from the official repo from Ubuntu 12.04 and even with the

12.6 Catalyst from AMD website the problem persists, I am

using Ubuntu 12.04 64 bits. I really hope that you guys fix this,

there´s a lot of people unhappy with this problem. If you need

any other information, please tell me so I can help.