9 Replies Latest reply on Nov 27, 2012 10:29 AM by yurtesen

x86_open64-4.2.5.2 doesn't compile on Wheezy

torbenkeil

Hello all,

I have problems with compiling open64 on Debian Wheezy x86_64.

I used these configure options:

./configure --prefix=/opt/open64 --build=x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

make -j16

And I got this error:

[...]

In file included from /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/ir_reader.cxx:93:0:

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_tree_util.h: In instantiation of ‘void WN_TREE_ITER<(TRAV_ORDER)0u, WHIRL>::Unwind() [with WHIRL = WN*]’:

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/ir_reader.cxx:1941:26:   required from here

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_tree_util.h:458:9: error: ‘Set_wn’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_tree_util.h:458:9: note: declarations in dependent base ‘WN_TREE_ITER_base<WN*>’ are not found by unqualified lookup

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_tree_util.h:458:9: note: use ‘this->Set_wn’ instead

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_tree_util.h:467:9: error: ‘Set_wn’ was not declared in this scope, and no declarations were found by argument-dependent lookup at the point of instantiation [-fpermissive]

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_tree_util.h:467:9: note: declarations in dependent base ‘WN_TREE_ITER_base<WN*>’ are not found by unqualified lookup

/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_tree_util.h:467:9: note: use ‘this->Set_wn’ instead

C++    /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/crayf90/sgi//usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_util.cxx

C++    /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/crayf90/sgi//usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wutil.cxx

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.7/ext/hash_map:61:0,

from /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/strtab.h:146,

from /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/symtab.h:75,

from /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/stab.h:40,

from /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/wn_util.cxx:64:

/usr/include/c++/4.7/backward/backward_warning.h:33:2: warning: #warning This file includes at least one deprecated or antiquated header which may be removed without further notice at a future date. Please use a non-deprecated interface with equivalent functionality instead. For a listing of replacement headers and interfaces, consult the file backward_warning.h. To disable this warning use -Wno-deprecated. [-Wcpp]

C++    /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/crayf90/sgi//usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/../osprey/common/com/x8664/config_targ.cxx

make[4]: *** [ir_reader.o] Fehler 1

make[4]: *** Warte auf noch nicht beendete Prozesse...

C++    /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/proc_si.o

RUN    /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/targ_si_gen

### Warning: scheduling information for ori8 redefined.

### Warning: scheduling information for ori16 redefined.

make[3]: »targ_si.c« ist bereits aktualisiert.

C      /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/../../../osprey/common/targ_info/access/ti_bundle.c

C      /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/../../../osprey/common/targ_info/access/ti_latency.c

C      /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/../../../osprey/common/targ_info/access/ti_res.c

C      /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/../../../osprey/common/targ_info/access/ti_res_count.c

C      /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/../../../osprey/common/targ_info/access/ti_res_res.c

C      /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/targ_si.c

AR     /usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info/libtarginfo.a

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info'

make last

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info'

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info'

make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/targ_info'

make[3]: *** [default] Fehler 2

make[2]: *** [first] Fehler 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2/osprey/targdir/crayf90'

make[1]: *** [mfef95] Fehler 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/x86_open64-4.2.5.2'

make: *** [build] Fehler 2

Can you help me?

Greetings,

Torben

• Re: x86_open64-4.2.5.2 doesn't compile on Wheezy
          yurtesen

Why dont you use the binary package?

You need to use GCC 4.4, you are probably using a newer version? (and GCC 4.3 is recommended according to the page below

http://www.open64.net/?id=254

See:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-wnpp/2012/09/msg00224.html

yurtesen

Although now I found

http://devgurus.amd.com/thread/156088

Where it says it compiles with 4.6... hmm... which compiler version do you have?

torbenkeil

Hello,

I tried to compile with gcc 4.7.

Now I found a new release of open64 in the version of 5.0. This doesn't compile with 4.7, too.

I'm just now trieing to compile with gcc-4.6. I did not found a configure option to change the compiler, so I did an:

export CC=/usr/bin/gcc-4.6

export CPP=/usr/bin/g++-4.6

After that I executed configure:

root@at-lt-05c:/usr/src/open64-5.0/build# ../configure --prefix=/opt/open64-5.0

And started compiling with

make -j16

And again I have error messages:

Abbruch: Kein Projektarchiv (.hg Verzeichnis) in /usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/targdir/driver gefunden!

But I found something intersting:

In file included from /usr/include/c++/4.7/ext/hash_map:61:0, [...]

There's not the correct compiler used...

So I configured update-alternavies as in this link described http://askubuntu.com/questions/26498/choose-gcc-and-g-version

Executed again

../configure --prefix=/opt/open64-5.0

make -j16

And ended with this error:

make[3]: Entering directory `/usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/targdir/ipl'

C++    /usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/targdir/ipl//usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/../../osprey/ipa/local/ipl_summarize_util.cxx

g++: error: unrecognized option ‘-CG:all_sched=0’

No I have no idea on how to get open64 workin on debian wheezy.

yurtesen

Why dont you use the provided binaries instead of compiling open64?

Your latest error was discussed in forum:

g++: error: unrecognized option ‘-CG:all_sched=0’

http://devgurus.amd.com/message/1254420#1254420

santosh.zanjurne

Let me know if you still have any issues in building the compiler.

Regards,

Santosh

torbenkeil

Hello,

the error message has changed.

After applying the patch of the other thread, the compiler says:

[...]

make[5]: Entering directory `/usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/cygnus/ld'

gcc -m32 -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DIPA_LINK -DKEY -DOSP_OPT -I. -I../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld -I. -D_GNU_SOURCE -I. -I../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld -I../bfd -I../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/../bfd -I../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/../include -I../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/../intl -I../intl  -g  -DLOCALEDIR="\"/opt/open64-5.0/share/locale\""   -W -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -g  -c ../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/ldgram.c

In file included from /usr/include/stdio.h:34:0,

from ../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/sysdep.h:27,

from ldgram.y:30:

/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/include/stddef.h:212:23: error: duplicate ‘unsigned’

In file included from ../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/sysdep.h:27:0,

from ldgram.y:30:

/usr/include/stdio.h:91:17: error: two or more data types in declaration specifiers

In file included from ldgram.y:30:0:

../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/sysdep.h:37:1: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]

../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/sysdep.h:38:1: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]

In file included from ldgram.y:30:0:

../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/sysdep.h:81:1: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]

../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/sysdep.h:85:1: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]

../../../../osprey/cygnus/ld/sysdep.h:89:1: warning: function declaration isn’t a prototype [-Wstrict-prototypes]

ldgram.y: In function ‘yyparse’:

ldgram.y:1077:4: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘strcmp’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

ldgram.y:1103:5: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘memset’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]

ldgram.y:1103:5: warning: incompatible implicit declaration of built-in function ‘memset’ [enabled by default]

make[5]: *** [ldgram.o] Fehler 1

make[5]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/cygnus/ld'

make[4]: *** [all-recursive] Fehler 1

make[4]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/cygnus/ld'

make[3]: *** [all-recursive-am] Fehler 2

make[3]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/cygnus/ld'

make[2]: *** [all-ld] Fehler 2

make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/open64-5.0/build/osprey/cygnus'

make[1]: *** [ld-new] Fehler 2

make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/open64-5.0/build'

make: *** [build] Fehler 2

root@at-lt-05c:/usr/src/open64-5.0/build#

Greetings,

Torben