1 Reply Latest reply on Nov 21, 2012 4:00 PM by yurtesen

gcc 4.6 rpms are not available for Centos.  Can you provide a gcc 4.4 ACML?

rroloff

It appears as if gcc 4.6 is available for SuSE, but for CentOS and RedHat it is a different story.  All of my attempts to yum install gcc46 have failed.  Could you create a 64 bit ACML for CentOS, using the default gcc 4.4?  

Also, have you rolled the dlaswp C binding fixes (you provided those for ACML 4.4.0 in 2011) into ACML 5.2? 

Thanks,

Rick

• Re: gcc 4.6 rpms are not available for Centos.  Can you provide a gcc 4.4 ACML?
          yurtesen

Why do you need GCC 4.6 RPMs for ACML? It should work fine with the GCC which you have? Also, you can install your own GCC easily by compiling it

At least it works for me with GCC 4.4.6 from a SL6 (CentOS6) box.

-bash-4.1$ gcc -v

Using built-in specs.

Target: x86_64-redhat-linux

Configured with: ../configure --prefix=/usr --mandir=/usr/share/man --infodir=/usr/share/info --with-bugurl=http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla --enable-bootstrap --enable-shared --enable-threads=posix --enable-checking=release --with-system-zlib --enable-__cxa_atexit --disable-libunwind-exceptions --enable-gnu-unique-object --enable-languages=c,c++,objc,obj-c++,java,fortran,ada --enable-java-awt=gtk --disable-dssi --with-java-home=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-gcj-1.5.0.0/jre --enable-libgcj-multifile --enable-java-maintainer-mode --with-ecj-jar=/usr/share/java/eclipse-ecj.jar --disable-libjava-multilib --with-ppl --with-cloog --with-tune=generic --with-arch_32=i686 --build=x86_64-redhat-linux

Thread model: posix

gcc version 4.4.6 20120305 (Red Hat 4.4.6-4) (GCC)

-bash-4.1$  gcc -lm -O3 matrixmult_double.c ../matrixutil.o -o matrixmult_double_thread -I.. -I/export/modules/devel/ACML/4.4.0/gnu/gfortran64/include -L/export/modules/devel/ACML/4.4.0/gnu/gfortran64/lib -lacml -lacml_mv

-bash-4.1$