3 Replies Latest reply on Oct 29, 2012 4:20 AM by kalyanpk

CodeAnalyst install on centos

anywhere_info

When i try to install CodeAnalyst on CenOS6.3, i get a failed dependency for libbfd. But binutils is installed on my system and libbfd exists at

/usr/lib64/libbfd-2.20.51.0.2-5.34.el6.so. Can you please help ?

[jim@cola Downloads]$ rpm -ivh CodeAnalyst-3_4_18_132-RedHatEnterpriseServer6U264bit-Public.bin.rpm

error: Failed dependencies:

libbfd-2.20.51.0.2-5.28.el6.so()(64bit) is needed by CodeAnalyst-3_4_18-Public.x86_64

• Re: CodeAnalyst install on centos
          kalyanpk

Hi,

you need to install "binutils-devel".

Just check the output of "rpm -qa | grep binutils" and see if "binutils-devel" is listed.

Let me know if you are still facing any issues after installing "binutils-devel".

Thanks,

Kalyan P

anywhere_info

I have binutils-devel installed and the missing dependency actually exists on my system under /usr/include. Still the rpm fails. For some reason, the rpm is comparing not only the major and minor version of the dependency's soname, but is also comparing development snapshot version. To be precise, the rpm requires binutils-devel-2.20.51.0.2-5.28.el6.x86_64 and i have binutils-devel-2.20.51.0.2-5.34.el6.x86_64.

Other than the above, i really dont see any reason why rpm would fail. BTW, binutils-devel-2.20.51.0.2-5.34.el6.x86_64 is default on Cent OS 6.3.

kalyanpk

Hi,

You are actually trying to install an RPM created for 6.2 (CodeAnalyst-3_4_18_132-RedHatEnterpriseServer6U264bit-Public.bin.rpm) on a 6.3 OS.

That's the reason, the RPM is looking for the specific version of binutils-devel.

Currently, we do not have an RPM available for 6.3 version of CentOS.

On 6.3, I would suggest you to use tarbal.

Let me know if you need any help on installing CodeAnalyst using tarbal.

Thanks,

Kalyan P